PDA

View Full Version : Saltwater Bass Club

Fishin nut
12-19-2009, 08:06 PM
First of all I am wondering if there is any saltwater bass clubs to join in southern california? I have researched and can not find any? I would like to know if any of you would like to start a inside saltwater bay bass club? These tournaments or turkey shoots would be held inside the bays (no outside of the bay fishing) with a live weigh in and a live release, livewells are a must!!! Hold all the rules and regulations a freshwater bass club has and bring fellow inside bay fisherman together for fun and winnings!!! I would like to start a club or may we call it a turkey shoot once a month from March to November 2010 or any better dates let me know??? The club would be ran off the internet with e-mails on schedules and dates times and finishes. We would meet a local ramps at Long beach Newport beach and our choice on where else??? Sunday would be the day we fish from 6:00am until 2:00pm. Let me know if your interested or if a club in the area exist? Thank's for reading, Mike

Fire Ball
12-19-2009, 08:09 PM
That would be awesome! I live about an 1 hr from the ocean, so I don't get to do that much saltwater fishing, but I love fishing for bass in saltwater! (Along with freshwater) Maybe once I get my drivers license next month, I will get to go more often. Float tubing in a harbor and catching a couple nice bass would be awesome, but I haven't gotten to try it yet. I've only fished from a boat for bass in the kelp.

calico killer kevin
12-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Salt Water Bass Anglers AKA SWBA

bsp
12-19-2009, 10:12 PM
CKC knows what's up. SWBA already does exactly what you are planning to do. They had their annual Spots for Tots X-mas fundraiser tournament in Newport Harbor like a week or 2 ago. Check them out.

sonarbp
12-21-2009, 11:29 AM
CKC knows what's up. SWBA already does exactly what you are planning to do. They had their annual Spots for Tots X-mas fundraiser tournament in Newport Harbor like a week or 2 ago. Check them out.

Yeah the SWBA is the premier saltwater bass tourney here on the west coast. They do hold a few of the tournies in the local harbors but the most of them allow you to fish up and down the coast.