PDA

View Full Version : Daveys Locker Western Pride 1/2 day PM July 6

seanyboi
07-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Well i got suckered in to go out of Daveys again with my friend. This trip was bye far better than the last one even thought there werent that many fish caught and it was slow. I decided to bring my brother on this trip because he has been wanting to go for a long time and i let him bring a friend too. We were out of the harbor bye around 1:00 and got to the pipe around 1:30. We had sardines as bait and they were about the size of mackeral. Or first spot was extremely slow with only a few micro sculpin caught. Me and another guy were the only ones to catch legal sand bass at that spot. The sand bass that the other guy caught was the jackpot fish and the one i caught was about 15 inches. We then moved about hal a mile closer inshore right in front of the pipe. It was only 35 feet deep at this spot and there were 3 halibut caught here the day before. My first cast with a sardine resulted in a fake halibut and it just got everybody including me excited. right when it got to color i had about a three foot shovel nose . After that my little brother and his friend were having a great time catching and realising smooth hound sharks that were caught on squid. After trying for halibut it was time to fish for the calicos. My friend and i started using Berkely black and gray 4 inch shrimp with a bout a 1/2 ounce lead and we killed them. I had about 10 calicos and a sandbass in 15 casts, there were only 4 legals and my friend caught about 15 calicos with 4 legals and a pig calico in the same amount of casts. It was ridiculus these little plastics should be illegal . Everybody else was catchin the sharks while my friend and i, and a few of the regulars were catching decent sized calicos with a few pigs. This trip was far better than the last trip even though the counts were bad i did our group did excellant. And my FISH wasnt stolen today!!!!!. The count with 85 people was 18 calico bass, 3 sand bass, 3 sculpin and 12 rockfish. I ended up with 4 legal calicos and 1 legal sandbass and my friend ended up with 5 legal calicos. All in all today was a good trip and the western pride did a good job of getting on a few fish during a bad bite before the day was over.

JapanRon
07-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Hi seanyboi,

Nice job on the fishys !! I just love it. It's nearing the time of year where we plastic nuts have our day in the sun. Even more interesting is that if we wanted ....... in the time a guy took soaking bait to get bit ..... we might have 5 or 10 fish caught .... note I said caught .... not .... keep.

Ego wise .... if feels sooooooo good to reap the rewards of hard-won skill/luck. I must admit ...... some of the grumbling, good-natured or not, of disbelieving anglers watching fish after fish come aboard in a short time while their bait sits on the bottom is sorta empowering!!

Thanks for the tip on the plastic flavor.

Next week I will have confirmed a new plastic's value that works when times are tough! Hopefully, it'll be in next weeks report. Happy to share the RIGHT scoop.

Oh ya .... great report!! :lol:

JapanRon

riverjoon
07-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Them plastics kill them bass.