PDA

View Full Version : Castaic and Pyramid Trout

Liteliner
12-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Just wondering if anybody had info on the trout fishing at castaic and pyramid??? Im gonna hit it up in the morning and could use some help. Thanks in advance...:LOL:

vanillagurilla
12-19-2009, 02:27 PM
im not sure bud. i got word on the bite at the wood. if you need a parnter in crime hit me up. id like to learn from you sometime. plus its cheaper if you can split the gas, that and i have never fished pyramid before.

ghetto dad
12-19-2009, 10:41 PM
thanks for the invite!!!!!

lol..have fun homie

GD

klymons
12-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Just wondering if anybody had info on the trout fishing at castaic and pyramid??? Im gonna hit it up in the morning and could use some help. Thanks in advance...:LOL:

Hey, those are my home lakes--mere minutes from the hacienda. I don't claim to be an expert, but I have fished both lakes extensively. Actually, both lakes are like my ex wife--going back and forth between ice cold and red hot within a matter of minutes. Also, it depends on your target fish. A hard core take no prisoners striper slayer will get totally skunked while the trout guy next to him keeps bringing in 'bows worthy of a Western Outdoor News cover story. And then there's that cliche about putting in your time. If you want to fish either lake, hit me up. I'm on "permanent leave" from my last job and my current boss--me--says I can go fishing 24/7, no call out required!

klymons
12-20-2009, 09:06 AM
im not sure bud. i got word on the bite at the wood. if you need a parnter in crime hit me up. id like to learn from you sometime. plus its cheaper if you can split the gas, that and i have never fished pyramid before.

What??? You have never fished Pyramid before??? That's just not right. In fact it it's unconstitutional, i.e. "cruel and unusual punishment." It is the solemn sworn right of every So Cal fisherman to flick his topwater into the monster striper boils that often occur in the main lake channel next to the marina. Anyone who would try to block any fisherman attempting to hit up Pyramid is nothing but a contemptible PETA puke. Dude, you just have to fish Pyramid--you need to exercise your right to have some dragstripping fun. As HittsOn might say: "It's standard."

superbigfish
12-20-2009, 06:41 PM
both lakes were recently stocked. you rooster tails in yellow and red. i seen some guys limit out today on trout.

Fire Ball
12-20-2009, 06:48 PM
both lakes were recently stocked. you rooster tails in yellow and red. i seen some guys limit out today on trout.

I might try it out from my tube on the Lagoon tomorrow, but I will probably target bass and maybe crappie if the bass aren't biting.

Liteliner
12-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Well I hit up pyramid in the morning for a few hours. They did stock and trout are pretty much all over the launch ramp area to the docks and so forth. Lots of big schools. Bite was WFO... Jigs all day. Caught 50+ between my buddy and me. Lots of dinks and a few bigger models that didnt bite. Biggest was about 1.5 pounds. Saw a few stripers schooling with the trout also???:Shocked:

vanillagurilla
12-20-2009, 08:32 PM
yeah i havent been to pyramid because its FAR lol.