PDA

View Full Version : XMAS Lights in Orange County?

Rooster
12-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Anyone know any cool places to drive your car around with the kids and look at lights? I took them to the Brea houses east of the 57 and they loved it and want to see others.. Any info would be appreciated.. Thx

ghetto dad
12-18-2009, 04:30 PM
yo Rooster..you should take your kids on one of those Xmas lights cruises many landings are offering..i think they are fairly inexpensive too...

GD

candyman
12-18-2009, 04:44 PM
I believe fountain valley has some very nice neighborhoods that a lot of people walk through.

Manny
12-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Check out the neighborhood in La palma off of Walker and Luna. No autos allowed on weekends, walk through only.

Granny Fish
12-18-2009, 11:31 PM
There is a neighborhood in Fountain Valley off Brookhurst & Heil that goes all out on the holiday lights. You will probably want to park and walk around though. I think they quit letting people drive through a few years ago. It is a nice family outing.

Naples is another area that is really fun to walk through. We did that tonight. There are also cruises that go through the area or you can launch your own boat at Davies for $10 and cruise through yourself.

A little farther to drive, but Griffith Park just opened their light show tonight and that is a drive through. Never been to that one but sounds like it is a really popular one.

Just remembered another cool place to see at Christmas; Heritage Hill in old El Toro. Really cool. Beautiful decorations and a histrory lesson too.

KaliDawgFan
12-20-2009, 12:27 PM
There is a neighborhood in Fountain Valley off Brookhurst & Heil that goes all out on the holiday lights. You will probably want to park and walk around though. I think they quit letting people drive through a few years ago. It is a nice family outing.

Beat me to it. They also go all out for Halloween.

Frenchy
12-20-2009, 06:10 PM
i dont know where you live but if you go down birch and turn onto starflower in brea that whole neighborhood is lit up and good too. and there are always people there driving around

Brich st and starflower in brea the best i have seen

Rooster
12-20-2009, 11:24 PM
Thx for all the spots.. We went out tonight and went to Frenchys spot as well as Grannys... Simply amaizing, We loaded the van full with family and friends and im sure everyone will never forget it.
Even ran into Santa that was visiting one of the houses.

Thx again everyone