PDA

View Full Version : Victory 12 / 16 Local Trip for Variety w/pics

JapanRon
12-18-2009, 03:11 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/1216LFTP1.jpghttp://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/1216RGTP1.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/1216LFTP2.jpghttp://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/1216RGTP2.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/1216LFTP3.jpghttp://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/1216RGTP3.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/1216LFTP4.jpghttp://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/1216RGTP4.jpg

Ambassadorhawg
12-18-2009, 03:51 PM
You are one of the saltiest dogs I have ever seen! That's a compliment...

Keep at it, I bet you'll get that skunk off your back by next week.

Your reports are still a blast to read!!!

'hawg out

Jackpot Jimmy
12-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Nice report Ron! I can relate to being on the tail end of an ill-minded person's charades. I remember once several years ago, some friends, my dad, and I were fishing on the stern, and this one guy was fishing with his family, and their lines were just tailing back to the stern, and it royally pissed all of us off. However, we got the last laugh as we kept tapping the lines with our rods, which made them think they were getting bit.

What plastics did you try?

murrieta angler
12-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Evening Ron,
Well at least you got out there and gave it your all, except for that 1 1/2 hour cool down session...:Rolls Eyes:
This year went by really quickly and I am already looking forward to next year. Hopefully I will make it down to share the rail with you, it's just that I love San Diego and it's alot closer to me. But, I promise to make it down there.
Hope you do well your next two times out. I will be in O.C. tomorrow to try and get my 1st legal surf Halibut...:Wink:
Take Care, Robert

Almost forgot my manners. I wish You and Yours, Happy Holidays

murrieta angler
12-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Nice report Ron! I can relate to being on the tail end of an ill-minded person's charades.ag I remember once several years ago, some friends, my dad, and I were fishing on the stern, and this one guy was fishing with his family, and their lines were just tailing back to the stern, and it royally pissed all of us off. However, we got the last laugh as we kept tapping the lines with our rods, which made them think they were getting bit.

What plastics did you try?

Several years ago...That would have put you in the 4th or 5th grade...:ROFL:
Just playing with you Jimmy. Hope all is well and I wish you and yours, Happy Holidays

hbomb
12-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Sweet report Ron, Thanks for the heads up on the fishing license countdown as I almost forgot lol. Sorry to hear about the dude casting his dropper loop in front of you, some guys just dont get it. Thanks for the report Japan Ron. :Cool:

JapanRon
12-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Hi Ambassadorhawg,

Thanks ..... I look forward to the next two months as opposed to the last two as we will only be fishing for Bass .... like it or not .... for most moo-moo anglers.

Skunks don't scare me ! :)

JapanRon

JapanRon
12-19-2009, 07:41 AM
Hi Jackpot Jimmy,

Thanks, What reaaaaaaaly bent me is this guy KNEW better and that I'd be the victim ..he just did it for his own self-centered desire to get fish whatever the potential of screwing others! I wouldn't be so mad at a truely clueles newbie or the enthusiasim of an innocent kid .... that's respectful. That's what made me really upset. That guy reads these boards I'm sure. As I say, and we both well know .....moo-moo fishing takes a little different take on fishing and you see a lot of crap that guys would not do to their buddies but will do to a stranger or someone they;ve taken a dislike to on a boat they may fish X times a year !!

Nuff Said.

Plastics .... the usual red/orange and greens in various shades as well as mackeral and bleeding mackeral combos in swimbait sizes 3 1/2 to 6 inches as well as the sluggo/JerkIt types in 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 inch models .... all on leadheads from 3/4oz to 1 1/2oz w/3/4oz slideing-egg sinker rigs.

JapanRon

JapanRon
12-19-2009, 07:49 AM
Hi murrieta angler,

Thanks ..... I'll need the luck with everyone else fishing fresh-dead Squid ! ha ha ha

I totally understand the SD thing and am sure you've found a nice little niche (boat and folks) that make the trip worthwhile and fun.

Yes, it would be fun to share a rail but I'd want it to be a time when the action was worth the trip.

Good luck on that surf halibut. There are some REAL pros on that type of fishing/target on the boards.

Flyfishing- Been to 'his and her's' shop ?
Conventional world is ruled by LuckyCraft I guess.

Happy and SAFE holidays to you and yours,

JapanRon

JapanRon
12-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Hi hbomb,

Thank you. I'm not generally that emotional about those things that happen on the boat as that's just part of the deal .... this one just got to me. One of the reasons I fish by casting way out .... and losing some fishing time in the bargin is to fish on the fall for mid-column AND mostly to stay out of the realm of the dropper-loop crowd. They need to drop their stuff ...... say maximum 20 feet in front of them and just soak their 2 ganion rig. If they drift under the boat and or the boat swings ..... they need to either 'put on more weight' ...... or deal with the swing ..... donkeys !!

Lots of variables when it's wind against current and the current is ripping but when guys that know better do stuff ......

Still had fun ...... the rest of the time !! ha ha ha

JapanRon

JapanRon
12-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Hey guys ......

I forgot to mention ... this same donkey decided he wanted to fish the port starboard corner so he bumped out my 75 year old buddy and another older guy in our club off the spots they had waited from 4 AM ..... AM to get.

This fat, ignorant fool actually sat on the rail in the (their) corner fishing while my buddies meekly moved down the rail !! Did the skipper give a %#$@* ???? did the two deckhands give a #&*%$ ... ???? NOT !!! What boat crews do in 95% of the boats here local.

This was after I had cooled off from this moron's antics in the first round ! ha ha ha I stood there with my buddies and screamed at them .... not jerk-wad .... 'fish your f-ing spot ... it's your spots ... fish your f-ing spots' I repeated this six times and slowly but slowly mental defective stirred his mis-shappen carcass and wandered off somewhere. I kick myself for not taking a picture of this guy and putting it in my report for his last little game !!

I did chide my buddies to get some 'kin-tama' and stick up for themselves. Imagine letting some low-life pull this kind of garbage because he felt he could get away with it with weaker, older guys !! These guys were vets too !!

JapanRon

vanillagurilla
12-19-2009, 02:25 PM
thats one reason i dont go on moo-moos any more. they dont give a crap what number or color they have. they just run the the stern and dont rotate. i fish the bow anyway. less morons up there. i had a guy hanging over the rail and was going to throw him in the water one time for not moving off my grandfathers spot. the captian threatend me and i told him to make him fish his ******* number or hes getting wet!

JapanRon
12-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Hi vanillagurilla,

The only reason I haven't let a boat own me again is that when I'm on the deck of the moo-moos, not only do I like the creature comforts, I can fish by myself, not depend on anyone for anything, fish the way I want, have an absolute right to fish a given spot 'as long as' I follow the 'real' rules ... which means nobody ... nobody (including crew) can screw with me directly if I've done nothing wrong and....... I couldn't care less what other folks think of my rigidity ... Even the crew is usually too ashamed to try to defend a jerk buddy of theirs I've told off that may have crawled on the boat!! ha ha ha

As I'm glued to the rail usually big-time .... maybe I don't notice a lot that goes on and that's probably a good thing. Another thing is that I've good buddies surrounding me and take most of my attention. It's not cool for the boat to have the black and whites waiting at the dock to check on some character and find all these outstanding warrents out on 'em ! ha ha ha

Still had a good time, like the crew, and enjoy fishing the Victory itself.

JapanRon