PDA

View Full Version : Trout recipes

old pudd fisher
12-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Been looking at trout recipes and some call for fillets of them that sounds good to me because I don't like the bones. Just wondering if it is hard to do and do they have to be gutted first. Love trout hate the bones. Thanks if you can help.

vanillagurilla
12-17-2009, 08:51 PM
just gut them and cut the head off. then put butter, garlic, lemon and pepper inside and wrap them in foil. cook in the oven for about 30-40 min at 350. then when there done open the foil package and take off the skin on the top then grab the spine and lift it. it should leave a boneless fillet on the bottom and then lay the other half down and lift out the bones :).

troutdog
12-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Although I am still working on it, I have seen some masterful fillet jobs done on trout...Doctorhook and BigDaddy are two guys on FNN that definitely know their way around the cutting board.

Not sure if you are into fried fish or not, but trout fillets deep fried in batter and used for tacos are AMAZING!

TD

Bradakas
12-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Anyone have a BBQ recipe worth trying?

Swank909
12-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Anyone have a BBQ recipe worth trying?

I came across this one last week, sounds delicious

http://www.ilovemybbq.com/index.php/bbq-recipe-ideas-tips/bbq-season-10-game-7-best-bbq-recipe-trout-with-citrus-fruit-stuffing-193/

Bradakas
12-19-2009, 12:54 AM
thanks for the tip, came out d-lish
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Bradakas/peesh.jpg

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
12-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Easiest and tastyiest BBQ recipe for trout I know of is to use a piece of foil, lay the whole fish on it, season it with garlic salt and lemon pepper inside and out, add a couple thin slices of lemon, and pour a little italian salad dressing inside, wrap the foil to make it so no juices leak and throw it on the grill. After 5 minutes or when you see the foil getting the "balloon" effect, turn it over and wait another 5 minutes and it should be done.
I cook my trout that way when camping up in the Sierras all the time since it's hard to screw up.
Bon apetite !
TTFM

Bassnman Mike
12-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Easiest and tastyiest BBQ recipe for trout I know of is to use a piece of foil, lay the whole fish on it, season it with garlic salt and lemon pepper inside and out, add a couple thin slices of lemon, and pour a little italian salad dressing inside, wrap the foil to make it so no juices leak and throw it on the grill. After 5 minutes or when you see the foil getting the "balloon" effect, turn it over and wait another 5 minutes and it should be done.
TTFM

Sounds good! I remember doing the same type thing whe camping with dad before he passed on except we would not use lemon and we would wrap it with a couple strips of bacon before wrapping it in foil. Just the thought brings back good memories.

Swank909
12-20-2009, 12:48 AM
thanks for the tip, came out d-lish
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Bradakas/peesh.jpg
Glad it worked out for you! (looks great btw)

Sounds good! I remember doing the same type thing when camping with dad before he passed on except we would not use lemon and we would wrap it with a couple strips of bacon before wrapping it in foil. Just the thought brings back good memories.

Anything with bacon is good! I'd eat bacon with a side of bacon if my girlfriend would let me lol

smokehound
12-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Try this-- Makes great fish tacos.

Bake the trout, and remove the meat after finished cooking.

mince the meat up and remove any bones left inside. and put the meat in a bowl.

get some nice potato bread and mash it up, and add it to the meat.

add some seasoning, I like using mesquite grilling seasoning, because mesquite and trout go together well. Some MSG adds a nice savory aspect to it.

((Optional step =Break up some mid-grade cannabis, and remove all the stems. Seeds are edible but remove those. This will give a unique flavor to the fish, and will retain some potency.))

After its all mixed together nicely, you can make patties with it, roll some up in flour real quick, and since its fully cooked, it finishes frying quickly.

Makes great tacos!