PDA

View Full Version : Trolling jigs?

dixoncider
12-17-2009, 07:50 AM
Has anybody tried these?
http://www.luhrjensen.com/products/trout-lures/kwikfish-trout

I saw alot of guys getting bit using these type of jigs....
http://www.luhrjensen.com/products/lake-trolls
any thoughts on trolling these lake troll type of spoons?

TrouTracker
12-17-2009, 10:14 AM
To D- Everybody has their favorite "go to" trolling flashers, dodgers and lures. Several years ago at DVL, I spoke with TO after a day of trolling in the parking lot. He asked me if I had ever used Seps Pro Fishing trolling equipment. He said that it was the best stuff out there for holdover trout. He was absolutely right, as it's fantastic stuff. My set-up usually is either a Pro Dodger or Micro Flasher followed by either a NC, Ex-Cel or Needlefish. It takes time and money to develop your skills, but you'll get great results using this type of set-up. Good luck trolling.....
Barry A. Ogawa

bruce watson
12-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Barry; Geeze, you're giving away the farm less than 10 days before the barn opens.

Dixoncider; If you ever do anything in fishing, listen to Troutracker.

Sierra_Smitty
12-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Kwikfish are great....as are Flatfish (by a diff company but look extremely similar). These lures are oldies but goodies, not as popular as they once were (my Gramps had a boat load of 'em) but they still work great. My brother nailed a 4lber trolling one at South Lake that he found on the shoreline when the water was low. We backtrolled 'em for Salmon in Oregon too with great success (albeit with a sardine wrap and procure).

Flashers are flashers IMO.....but I'm suddenly a big fan of the Seps dodgers. The trick is getting your speed right.

TrouTracker
12-17-2009, 03:10 PM
To D- If you get a chance to watch real "old pro" at trolling, check out Mr. Bruce Watson's techniques. He has the perfect set-up for catching those holdovers at the Jewel. He's got a ton of experience from the old school to new school. Also, he's got this interesting contraption that launches bananas across the lake. You have wear a hard hat trolling near Bruce.......
Barry A. Ogawa

Sierra_Smitty
12-17-2009, 03:44 PM
To D- If you get a chance to watch real "old pro" at trolling, check out Mr. Bruce Watson's techniques. He has the perfect set-up for catching those holdovers at the Jewel. He's got a ton of experience from the old school to new school. Also, he's got this interesting contraption that launches bananas across the lake. You have wear a hard hat trolling near Bruce.......
Barry A. Ogawa

Barry, Bruce is like the bermuda triangle of random information...seen him light a cigarette with a flashlight and heard he can snare a deer with the inseam of his jeans...along with fruit launching capability and his fishing smarts, dude's got mad game!

peace,
smitty

billy b
12-17-2009, 04:26 PM
the size of your fist ... GAME ON circa 1950 on ... into the Trout Fishing Hall of Fame

billy b
12-17-2009, 04:30 PM
"To D- Everybody has their favorite "go to" trolling flashers, dodgers and lures. Several years ago at DVL, I spoke with TO after a day of trolling in the parking lot. He asked me if I had ever used Seps Pro Fishing trolling equipment. He said that it was the best stuff out there for holdover trout. He was absolutely right, as it's fantastic stuff. My set-up usually is either a Pro Dodger or Micro Flasher followed by either a NC, Ex-Cel or Needlefish. It takes time and money to develop your skills, but you'll get great results using this type of set-up. Good luck trolling....."
Barry A. Ogawa

Never thought of trolling in the parking lot. How'd ya do?

j/k

Thanks for sharing

dixoncider
12-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the info's. Going to get a few of those lake trolls..You can fish those on a downrigger a do well I would guess...

murrieta angler
12-17-2009, 05:14 PM
barry, bruce is like the bermuda triangle of random information...seen him light a cigarette with a flashlight and heard he can snare a deer with the inseam of his jeans...along with fruit launching capability and his fishing smarts, dude's got mad game!

Peace,
smitty

lmao!!!!:rofl::rofl: