PDA

View Full Version : Christmas tree, artificial or real

fishfinder
12-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Was really bored so i made this poll. Do you have an artificial tree or a real one.

bruce watson
12-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Christmas trees are much like women. At my age, I go to the mall just to sit and admire them, while trying to guess for myself if they're real.

Sue
12-17-2009, 09:12 AM
I'm not having one!

Granny Fish
12-17-2009, 10:09 AM
No option for both?

Am I the only person who has noticed hardly any tree lots this year?

fisherman from long beach
12-17-2009, 12:04 PM
you have to go with the reel tree,the smell,and when your done take it to dumont and thats how you start the bomb fire.yeeessss sssuuurrr.

Fire Ball
12-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Real! The artificial ones just don't compare to the real thing!

smokinflies
12-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Artificial is the way to go. They don't die as fast as the real ones.

Christmas trees are much like women. At my age, I go to the mall just to sit and admire them, while trying to guess for myself if they're real.

LOL

you have to go with the reel tree,the smell,and when your done take it to dumont and thats how you start the bomb fire.yeeessss sssuuurrr.

I just hang up a few of those pine tree shaped car air fresheners on my artificial tree. They give us that great pine scent and make great ornaments.

fishfinder
12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
No option for both?

Am I the only person who has noticed hardly any tree lots this year?

I noticed that to, and couldn't even find a stand for a real tree in the stores. so i just put the ole fakey up this year.

smalweld
12-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Real tree's for me. Had to help the GF get one for her house and then went out and bought myself one for my house. Then I wondered why I bought one for my house, after all I will probably be at her house for Christmas. Where was the option to vote twice :) might help since the poll is now tied at 11 each. I bought hers from a treelot for 72 bucks, then went to target to get one for myself at 58 bucks. Are the tree's this year more expensive than the past years??

Sean

fishfinder
12-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Real tree's for me. Had to help the GF get one for her house and then went out and bought myself one for my house. Then I wondered why I bought one for my house, after all I will probably be at her house for Christmas. Where was the option to vote twice :) might help since the poll is now tied at 11 each. I bought hers from a treelot for 72 bucks, then went to target to get one for myself at 58 bucks. Are the tree's this year more expensive than the past years??

Sean

$15 at lowes

smokinflies
12-17-2009, 06:15 PM
$15 at lowes

$15.00/ft?

fishfinder
12-17-2009, 06:19 PM
$15.00/ft?

it was a 6' tree for $15. i was going to buy it but they were sold out of tree stands.

vanillagurilla
12-17-2009, 06:21 PM
real. if your going to do it... do i right! nobel fir. to bad i cant have one. wifes alergic to PINE! lol and peanuts, almonds and other things.

smokinflies
12-17-2009, 06:26 PM
it was a 6' tree for $15. i was going to buy it but they were sold out of tree stands.

Thanks for the 411. I'm hitting up Lowe's tomorrow.

real. if your going to do it... do i right! nobel fir. to bad i cant have one. wifes alergic to PINE! lol and peanuts, almonds and other things.

Damn, that sucks. :Sad:

vanillagurilla
12-17-2009, 06:37 PM
yeah x2 smokin. my brothers dad lives in cedar glen and i have access to lake arrowhead whenever i want lol.

bsp
12-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Real! My family still needs to go buy ours. I think I know what I am doing Saturday. :LOL:

ghetto dad
12-17-2009, 07:00 PM
I just bought mine today...This may be the last year for a real one..we might move to artificial next year...not sure...

Home Depot or Lowes are the best places to get them..imo...MUCH cheaper than those OVER PRICED tree lots...

GD

fishfinder
12-17-2009, 07:11 PM
I just bought mine today...This may be the last year for a real one..we might move to artificial next year...not sure...

Home Depot or Lowes are the best places to get them..imo...MUCH cheaper than those OVER PRICED tree lots...

GD

if you are going to go srtificial, go get it now or the day after xmas. lowes id usually 75% off the day after xmas, and target is 50% off right now on xmas stuff.

hbomb
12-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Love the smell of the pine tree, although I do have a fake one in the garage collecting dust lol..

fishfinder
12-17-2009, 08:38 PM
love the smell of the pine tree, although i do have a fake one in the garage collecting dust lol..

get some pine smell in the can and spray it on

vanillagurilla
12-17-2009, 08:41 PM
ima get a black one :)

Granny Fish
12-18-2009, 08:56 AM
Remember when the Boy Scouts and other organizations used to sell Christmas trees on every corner? I guess the Christmas tree business isn't as lucrative as it once was.

I have a really nice artificial that I use some years, but still prefer the fresh smell of a live tree. We paid $37 for ours this year at Home Depot. Sounds like we should have gone to Lowes.