PDA

View Full Version : 16 "secret" aqueduct spots w/map!

sansou
12-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Found an interesting PUBLIC link to these super secret aqueduct spots. Thought I would share....

http://www.water.ca.gov/pubs/swp/fishing_along_the_swp/fishingswpeng.pdf

Now I realize there are other spots (read siphons/locks....ie "structure"), however I am told on good authority that if you are caught in these designated "no trespassing" zones, the cops take it serious and will press trespassing charges.

Enjoy!

DockRat
12-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Cool thanks, tell everyone. The Duct is the hot spot.
DR

old pudd fisher
12-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Thanks for sharing with us sansou, thats what it's all about on this board.

DarkShadow
12-16-2009, 06:40 PM
I am told on good authority that if you are caught in these designated "no trespassing" zones, the cops take it serious and will press trespassing charges.

Enjoy!

is THAT what the No Trespassing signs mean?

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
12-16-2009, 06:56 PM
thanx san, i'll tell the cops you sent me....lol..

Fire Ball
12-16-2009, 08:10 PM
I think all these spots are too far away from me. I need something close to Castaic Lake...

fish4keep
12-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Those are actual "designated" fishing area on the duct. It's setup for people to fish there....

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
12-16-2009, 09:02 PM
follow the duct to dd stripers,,,,

geobass
12-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the info SANSOU that's a keeper.

Fisherman57
12-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Found an interesting PUBLIC link to these super secret aqueduct spots. Thought I would share....

Now I realize there are other spots (read siphons/locks....ie "structure"), however I am told on good authority that if you are caught in these designated "no trespassing" zones, the cops take it serious and will press trespassing charges.

Enjoy!

Cool!

Now can I get a copy of your "16 top secret burger joints"........

Thanks Rich! :Wink:

Prowler_Tuber
12-17-2009, 12:25 AM
thanks i always wondered where to go.

sansou
12-17-2009, 01:23 AM
thanks i always wondered where to go.

Your more than welcome.

My motivation to post this in particular is that I find it absolutely ridiculous that a concrete waterway could be deemed a "secret" spot. There's nothing secret about hundreds of miles of concrete...

Besides, and off the top of my head let me say, it's not as if I'm telling everyone the secret Castaic buoy line, or the secret Bubble Hole at SARL, or to fish by the launch ramp after a stocking at Irvine Lake for the t- phenix fish, or the spillway / LR#2 at Skinner, or the old tree / dam area by Corona, or by the water outflow or far courtesy ramp at Miramar, or the bouy line at Jennings for stockers, or trout cove at Dixon, or lone pine at Cuyamaca, or frenchman's cove at Morena, or the left cove by the buoys at Poway, or the 3 bridges for corvina in MB, or indian rock at Torrey, or the far deep part of batiguitos lagoon, or the tires for stockers at DVL, or the conejos at El Cap for panfish, or the dam at Henshaw, or hike Ramona dam for dink bass, or the far end of MB jetty for assorted rockfish, or the far end or the southmost part of the Strand for halibut, or San Vicente's...forget it, its closed, or over by cliffs by the CG station in Point Loma, or by sunset in OB if you like to fish with danger, or WHATEVER!!

The list of publicly well known "secret" spots goes on and on...we all know it and so do the lurkers, so why play games on the board with the totally new / new to the area fishermen like some individuals persist on doing?

As for baja secret spots, I'll spill my guts and give anyone my "secret" GPS numbers for a michelada, to be paid in person, at Los Jardines, San Quintin! LOL!!

P.S. Dana....I'll never tell you the secret best burger place in San Diego is either Hodad's in OB or Rocky's in PB. Never ever.

yolo
12-17-2009, 05:29 AM
I agree no secret spots. You have to work the duct to have success. yes there are the times when you get one first cast but there are also times when you won't get anything for hundreds of casts, lol. BTW, that map is for the official paved and parking spots with wheelchair access. There are hundreds of other spots at road crossings and in the middle of nowhere dirt road accesses that have the "Walk In Fishing" signs. These don't offer dedicated parking with a paved wheelchair ramp and short fencing to keep from going in the water but are legal to fish. The trespassing comes into play when the fence around the gates and siphons is cut and people go in there to fish. The state police do cruise through the duct at times. I have seen sheriff personally one time. CHP can get in too and of course DFG. There is also private security patrols 24/7. They can't do anything personally but can and will call the authorities.

Since we are getting everything out of the way, lol. Let's just deal with the lures too. They ALL work. Imagine that??? I have caught them on everything from lipless crank, to lipped crank, to jigs, to bucktails, to jerk baits both hard and soft, to swim baits, to plugs, to spoons. I like to stay in the 2 1/2" to 6" range just because I don't personally use those expensive larger swim baits. They probably work too but why spend so much $$$ on a lure and have to throw those big arse baits all day?

Now go fish and get yours. Skunk that is because there are no fish in the duct. :ROFL:

cutbait
12-17-2009, 07:02 AM
I don't think anyone is claiming "secret spots" at the duct.

That map sucks! As Yolo says, there is numerous of spots not shown.

Have you fished the duct Sansou?

seal
12-17-2009, 07:09 AM
Great now everybody is going to be making that hike up to Ramona dam!

RamboBoy
12-17-2009, 07:12 AM
If you see the sign "fishing only" , you can access the gates or shipons unless you have a fishing license for fishing only

There are many spots out there. Good luck and go get em big striped bass :Smile:

fisherman from long beach
12-17-2009, 08:23 AM
Your more than welcome.

My motivation to post this in particular is that I find it absolutely ridiculous that a concrete waterway could be deemed a "secret" spot. There's nothing secret about hundreds of miles of concrete...

Besides, and off the top of my head let me say, it's not as if I'm telling everyone the secret Castaic buoy line, or the secret Bubble Hole at SARL, or to fish by the launch ramp after a stocking at Irvine Lake for the t- phenix fish, or the spillway / LR#2 at Skinner, or the old tree / dam area by Corona, or by the water outflow or far courtesy ramp at Miramar, or the bouy line at Jennings for stockers, or trout cove at Dixon, or lone pine at Cuyamaca, or frenchman's cove at Morena, or the left cove by the buoys at Poway, or the 3 bridges for corvina in MB, or indian rock at Torrey, or the far deep part of batiguitos lagoon, or the tires for stockers at DVL, or the conejos at El Cap for panfish, or the dam at Henshaw, or hike Ramona dam for dink bass, or the far end of MB jetty for assorted rockfish, or the far end or the southmost part of the Strand for halibut, or San Vicente's...forget it, its closed, or over by cliffs by the CG station in Point Loma, or by sunset in OB if you like to fish with danger, or WHATEVER!!

The list of publicly well known "secret" spots goes on and on...we all know it and so do the lurkers, so why play games on the board with the totally new / new to the area fishermen like some individuals persist on doing?

As for baja secret spots, I'll spill my guts and give anyone my "secret" GPS numbers for a michelada, to be paid in person, at Los Jardines, San Quintin! LOL!!

P.S. Dana....I'll never tell you the secret best burger place in San Diego is either Hodad's in OB or Rocky's in PB. Never ever.
nice,now i want to know the secret burger spot.

tracker13
12-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Seems to me that the biggest secrets lie under the cover of darkness:EyePop:

DaWookie
12-17-2009, 11:15 AM

Enjoy!Depends on who catches you. If its maintanence youve got a good chance of nothing. Someone else catches you its going to be an expensive trip.