PDA

View Full Version : 12/16/09 @ dvl...

NooB SaBass
12-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Soooo another exciting shorefishing day for me lol
Arrived at the lake @ 9:15am, got my backpack on picked up some water and trudged twards the east dam.Got down to the Stocking point where the weed island is at and cast right of the point (outter) both trout poles hit water by 9:35am.I started twards the curl of the right point with a crawdad soft plastic. Flipped that till 10:30am while the trouts soaking for 0-0, switched to shad colored swimbait and tossed till 10:55am when I hit a snag at the points weeds that walk to the Island... dang-it!... 5 min later a guy says he saw some rainbows around 1-2lbs swimming close to shore in the last cove before the east dam...hmmmm ok (this is where u all SAY to go -.-!)so I take off at 11:13am for the place he said he saw em. On my way, whaddya know I see a 1lb stockie running for his life about a foot from shore... So i figured there had to be more there right? 11:30am i was untanged and soaking again. I was tossing a "real" cream 6 inch worm texas shotted by 11:50am and had no luck on the inner side of the last cove so I swapped camps again and by 12:50pm had trout poles soaking again near the dam while still tossing the cream for 0-0... sat there while patrolling little into the Dam bouncing around rocks then back to where my poles sat motionless, and back again. Called it there it was DEAD, so I nomad fished till I lost my cream @ the inside point left of the Marina around 2:10pm... d@#&....found a kool colored Roboworm though so Ill try and track it down later...So now I load up a clear bobber and a mini jig "pepper white" for trout since I saw a trout flash 2 feet from he shore, I start flicking it at the 2nd cove left of the Marina, I found "watermelon" minijig on a rock as soon as I got there and a red Powerbait mini trout worm so I figured this is where they all go for jigging trout... got nothing by 3:00 so by 3:15 I was omw up the big ol hill twards the path, and by 3:44 I was @ the car and dissapointed... 0-3 on the "Jewel" as she beat my arse yet again...
:Sad:

vanillagurilla
12-16-2009, 06:37 PM
one day you will have and epic fishing day for your dedication. dont give up it will come! i have only been there one time and got the stripe myself. id go more but its a little far for me to go to alot.

samgann93
12-16-2009, 06:43 PM
dont give up on dvl. its an awesome lake just gotta learn how to fish it.

NooB SaBass
12-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Ya think thats the problem lol im a super noob Bass fisherman and decided to pick a 9/10 lake thats huge... Fail lol, but its local (20-30 min drive) and cheap ($10) sooo I'll keep deticating money and lures to it lol...

samgann93
12-16-2009, 06:52 PM
try drop shotting robos. usually will pick up a couple. also try getting there a little earlier. might help.

NooB SaBass
12-16-2009, 07:05 PM
I found some sick looking Purple blue and another refective pearl blue robo on the shore, what size worm hooks do you use? also what pound test? 6lb? I ws thinking Berkley Fluro 6lb and I was gonna try to pick up some of those robo's... Ill start getting there by 7/8am then...

jmp_fishinn
12-16-2009, 07:46 PM
My first 2 times there was a skunk, and i always shore fish since
i dont have to the fund for a rental.

sometimes you happen to go on the right day and sometimes you dont...
just keep going! haha.

but my luck there with bass has been dropshotting with an
Ox Blood Red Flake (Robo or Preferred plastics.) right by the boat docks at that point or more to the right of it, or the east dam right by the rocks.

And for trout, that last cove by the dam is usually awesome!
or right by the boat docks again, right after the sign where
it says no fishing left of this point? or something like that.

hopefully this helps, haha.
just keep trying! it will come.

tight lines!

HuskerRod
12-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Don't you dare give up, buddy. Im reading your reports with "baited breath" waiting for you to really do a number on them. It sounds like your plan is solid, but your number just has not been called yet. Keep after it

NooB SaBass
12-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Trust me im trying lol, seems like the Bass just evade me everytime. DVL is stocking tomorrow in the Marina, I never tried west of it, every-1 kept saying east, and that looked to be the best spot. But i forgot the bass eat the trout there so the Marina prob the best spot for us land lubbers lol. I'll try again prob sat morning with some oxblood's, maybe some of those Purple ones I found.

bigfish420
12-17-2009, 07:16 AM
Go down to 4lb, drop shotting robo worms does pretty good. Be prepared for trout and strippers. Have a swim bait setup as well. You will get them eventually dont give up just keep tweeking your technique and you will figure it out.

Fresh One !!!
12-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Hey big Fish.. Who are you??.. You sound like you really know this lake???

DarkShadow
12-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Tip #1

DVL has always had a good morning bite. By 9:15 am, there are some bass anglers that have caught their limit and are contemplating where they are going to have lunch. Sometimes it pays to be "that guy" asleep in your car at 4 am waiting for the gate to open.

Tip #2

Keep it simple before you try to get too complex, and learn to fish simple rigs (dropshot, e.g.) and simple baits (Senko, e.g.)
Cover a lot of ground and unless you find some willing fish, don't concentrate on one area because you got some third hand information on a message board about "a guaranteed spot".

tall tales
12-17-2009, 04:36 PM
word! i'd follow darkshadows advice. also if your hittin the bank keep walkin til you see fish. thats when i start fishin and work my way back. dv is though from the bank, i've woreout my boots on the gem. just keep at it and you to will know the gem.

NooB SaBass
12-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Thanks for all the advice and 411, Ya i have been experimenting with pole setups and stuff alot. Just got a 6.5 foot Shakespeare Microspin Carbon rod with 6lb Berkley Fluro line waiting to be assigned to duty. Sat imma pick up some Roboworm's: MM-3 & Oxblood red flake. Going to try and hit the west side this time instead of the east (left), see if thats deeper. I know cold weather= deeper for bass, and at least at DVL the west dam is the deepest point in the lake.

M@M
12-20-2009, 07:54 PM
I haven't been catching anything lately myself! :Neutral:But it's still a good time! Right? it Beats the hell outa stayin
home and watching TV. Don't ya love this weather!!

NooB SaBass
12-22-2009, 12:38 PM
I haven't been catching anything lately myself! :Neutral:But it's still a good time! Right? it Beats the hell outa stayin
home and watching TV. Don't ya love this weather!!

Oh man Im telling ya lol, and this weather?! whhhooooweeee cant beat 30-40F windchill riding to DVL and then fishing... Love it :ROFL: