PDA

View Full Version : Need some dope on the 'vine

fongster
12-16-2009, 04:59 PM
I haven't been to the lake in several years. I'm taking my 5 y/o daughter on Monday 12/21 and I don't want any surprises like they are closed on Mondays, you can't launch a boat, etc.. The boat is supposed to be clean and dry for mussel inspection, right? Where is the ramp located now? Where is the water level at? We'll be trouting and I know that drill. I might spoon or dropshot some bass, maybe throw a big trout-pattern plug for them, too. Any other advice appreciated. Thanks!

Poxy Boggards
12-16-2009, 05:05 PM
The water level is still high, and the boat launch currently open is the main concrete one by the camping area.

The lake is open mondays during the winter. Good luck out there, and let us know how you did.

Big Daddy
12-16-2009, 06:14 PM
I haven't been to the lake in several years. I'm taking my 5 y/o daughter on Monday 12/21 and I don't want any surprises like they are closed on Mondays, you can't launch a boat, etc.. The boat is supposed to be clean and dry for mussel inspection, right? Where is the ramp located now? Where is the water level at? We'll be trouting and I know that drill. I might spoon or dropshot some bass, maybe throw a big trout-pattern plug for them, too. Any other advice appreciated. Thanks!

There is a tounament there this weekend so I am sure that sat an sun there will be many reports on size of fish, limits and types of bait. I hope you and your daughter will do real good and you both can fish the lagoon they have put a lot of fish in there. The youngsters can spin the wheel for prizes if they catch a trout that has been tagged ( a little christmas bonus for the little ones, Thanks to the Great Irvine Management and Staff) so be sure to look, but most of all have FUN.

FLYFISHING MD
12-16-2009, 07:25 PM
I will try to leave you some fish for monday:lol: Hope i win the tournament this wheekend "good luck monday"

fongster
12-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Tourney this weekend? Hopefully you guys won't clean it out :-) I hope because of that, the Monday crowd is lighter.

olfishergal
12-16-2009, 08:47 PM
They sell dope at the vine??????? :ROFL: