PDA

View Full Version : SARL 12/15 report Plus instructional video!

E.A.R.G.
12-15-2009, 10:40 PM
SARL 12/15 report.

Water is stained. Visibility is between 2-3 feet. Bubble hole is on and pumping water in, the nets are letting water out. Water is down a couple feet from last week. Bite was slow around entire lake. Nightcrawlers blown up with short leader between 12-18inches with lots of scent has been producing most bites. Best spots were levitz and bubble hole including the bend.

Most fish looked like this. Nicely colored/finned 1.5 pounders. Did however take a bathroom break asking a guy fishing down next to me watch my poles. Upon my return I see both lines snapped, he said he hooked a BIG lloyd on my pole that ended up tooling him and shortly after another hit on my 2nd pole that snapped as well. That outta teach me to go on a bathroom break.

On a side note... I've noticed alot of people using powerbait INCORRECTLY. I have made this video to show how to properly use this bait. "pros" should watch this as well, as I'm sure they might be able to learn a thing or two...

THE CORRECT WAY TO USE POWERBAIT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYimGy3CxVM

EARG

dfisher
12-15-2009, 10:50 PM
nice report.

re- video, :ROFL: I thought it was going to be how to keep it on better using GULP cause its not as firm, but I am going to have to show my buddys this technique. HAHA

calico killer kevin
12-15-2009, 11:24 PM
Somebody was bored lol.

dodgers91485
12-15-2009, 11:59 PM
lol i thought it was gonna be some serious shi*..didnt know those lids were strong enough to do that

AAKK
12-16-2009, 02:29 AM
its a fun video dude. now i know how to use powerbait correctly but im not gonna use your method then lol

E.A.R.G.
12-16-2009, 05:08 AM
Somebody was bored lol.

haha it was a tough bite man. what else was i supposed to do.

AngryAgent
12-16-2009, 08:48 AM
The correct way to use power bait it to throw it in the trash and grab a jig:Envious::ROFL:

Liteliner
12-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Nice instructional. I hope the clarity gets better soon. Should be wfo once the water clears again. That seems to be the pattern with SARL the last few years. Its slow til a big rain and once the water clears the trout go on a rampage. Thanks for the report.

Juventino
12-16-2009, 10:11 AM
nice video man haha

Cheers

FORZA JUVE
US ARMY MP
HOOAH

E.A.R.G.
12-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Nice instructional. I hope the clarity gets better soon. Should be wfo once the water clears again. That seems to be the pattern with SARL the last few years. Its slow til a big rain and once the water clears the trout go on a rampage. Thanks for the report.

i have to agree with you. theres tons of trout in the lake, just not really biting yet. once the water clears... WFO

Marley
12-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Nice video! I knew there was a proper way to use that stuff. I'm tellin' ya, ye olde garden hackle with a drop or three of garlic oil, AKA herbed wigglers, cannot be beaten. And I'm not positive, but I am pretty sure that your bobber was dancing in the background in that video.

E.A.R.G.
12-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Nice video! I knew there was a proper way to use that stuff. I'm tellin' ya, ye olde garden hackle with a drop or three of garlic oil, AKA herbed wigglers, cannot be beaten. And I'm not positive, but I am pretty sure that your bobber was dancing in the background in that video.

what are you serious? I can't even see the bobber in the video. I wouldn't doubt it though, I farmed quite a few that day LOL

sansou
12-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Good use of your equipment. I like your style!

calico killer kevin
12-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Interesting. In my experience, the heavy rains slide mud into the lake making the water murkier.

Marley
12-16-2009, 08:10 PM
what are you serious? I can't even see the bobber in the video. I wouldn't doubt it though, I farmed quite a few that day LOL

Just yankin' your chain. Great video!

Liteliner
12-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Interesting. In my experience, the heavy rains slide mud into the lake making the water murkier.

Once the dirt settles back down to the bottom then it will be WFO!!! I would probably hit it up next week sometime if it doesnt rain from now til then.

Git R Done
12-22-2009, 02:30 AM
Haha! Then again you could always invite ur buddy who opens beers with his teeth....You know who they are!

GeordyBass
12-23-2009, 09:21 PM
cool vid it was funny! lol

Whats up with all the drama on youtube? lol