PDA

View Full Version : Winter shore fishing patterns for LMB?

Lightning
12-15-2009, 04:56 PM
What lures & tactix do you employ this time of year? Thanks in advance.

CALFISHER4EVR
12-15-2009, 06:25 PM
I usually do my winter trout patterns this time of the year because my winter skill on bass only get me the skunk at least half the time I go. My winter skills kinda s___!! I'll try the jig on suspended deep structure. But it is more like,"bring on the trout season!!!" ::Big Grin:

bsp
12-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Small dropshotted plastics on 6lb fluoro or large swimbaits like 8in ROF5 Hudds on 25lb mono for me. Pick your extreme.

jmp_fishinn
12-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Small dropshotted plastics on 6lb fluoro or large swimbaits like 8in ROF5 Hudds on 25lb mono for me. Pick your extreme.

yepp!!

x2

Fire Ball
12-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Shore fishing is going to be really slow since they are heading out deep, but you can still get them on a drop shotted Roboworm sometimes. Good colors are hologram shad and margarita mutilator. Expect it to be slow unless you can get out deeper and know where the fish are.

jmp_fishinn
12-15-2009, 09:02 PM
oh and you can add in Ox Blood Red Flake too. (robos)
i found that to be my number 1 color right now:Big Grin:

tight lines!

Fire Ball
12-15-2009, 09:08 PM
oh and you can add in Ox Blood Red Flake too. (robos)
i found that to be my number 1 color right now:Big Grin:

tight lines!

I haven't caught anything on that color yet, but I haven't tried it very much. I saw a guy catch quite a few bass on ox blood color about a month ago.

jmp_fishinn
12-15-2009, 10:39 PM
I haven't caught anything on that color yet, but I haven't tried it very much. I saw a guy catch quite a few bass on ox blood color about a month ago.

yea, idk, i randomly tried it because it was in my bag..
and whatta you know! it worked great!! but ive switched
to a different brand called "Preferred Plastics" they're a bit softer.
but both work. ha.

jerryG
12-15-2009, 10:49 PM

BSP nailed it. These would be my top two pics during the winter for lake shore walker fishing.

Jerryg

NooB SaBass
12-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Been Drop shotting 2 different poles at DVL for 0-3
1st
-6lb white clear
-Cream "Real" 6'' worm,crawdad soft plastic &Strike King "black" worm
2nd
-8lb Spider Mono
-Texas "green watermelon", Berkley Brown black flaked fat tube jig(looks like a crawdad if rigged in reverse)

I know now to go get some Berkley 6lb Fluro and some more robo worms, I'll try again here soon...

Fire Ball
12-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Been Drop shotting 2 different poles at DVL for 0-3
1st
-6lb white clear
-Cream "Real" 6'' worm,crawdad soft plastic &Strike King "black" worm
2nd
-8lb Spider Mono
-Texas "green watermelon", Berkley Brown black flaked fat tube jig(looks like a crawdad if rigged in reverse)

I know now to go get some Berkley 6lb Fluro and some more robo worms, I'll try again here soon...

Get 6 lb Seaguar. It is far superior to any other line that I have used! Great for drop shotting. Pick up some 4.5" and also 6" Roboworms.

fishindude420
12-17-2009, 12:10 PM
bomb a 1\2 ounce dropshot weight way out there with a robo and do a very slow drag back in with a couple shakes here and there. or slow drag a brown and purple pig n jig on structure. all ways works for me in winter if im fishing from shore. usually swimbaits are my go to bait in winter though. any of these should work well.

Socal Bassman
12-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Shore fishing is going to be really slow since they are heading out deep, but you can still get them on a drop shotted Roboworm sometimes. Good colors are hologram shad and margarita mutilator. Expect it to be slow unless you can get out deeper and know where the fish are.

Not all LMB head out to deeper water. There is always a small percentage of bass that stay shallow all year long. For this time of year, I like T-rigging or split shotting Sweet Beavers and 10" Berkley worms. Flylining 5" senkos and Ika's work well for me this time of year also. Other favorites of mine are a tube or a baby Brush Hog on a Carolina rig. The key is to go S-L-O-W.

geobass
12-17-2009, 02:24 PM
I think the advice from SoCal goes pretty much as the key for this time of year when the water is cold for plastics.

Slow, slow and slower and if you think you are fishing too slow...slow down some more.

NooB SaBass
12-19-2009, 07:56 AM
I think the advice from SoCal goes pretty much as the key for this time of year when the water is cold for plastics.

Slow, slow and slower and if you think you are fishing too slow...slow down some more.

X2 :EyePop:

Lightning
12-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks again for all the good info.