PDA

View Full Version : Lake Perris Fishing Regulations

smokinflies
12-15-2009, 10:44 AM
After reading the last Lake Perris fishing report on the boards, I thought I would take the time (boredom) to post the fishing regulations(plus some other info) for this lake so there are no more conflicts about the regulations.

Bass: 5 of legal size limit (12 inches in length or more with their mouth closed and laying flat)
Trout: 5
Catfish: 10
Bluegill, Red Ear Sunfish and Green Sunfish: No limit
Bull Head: No limit
Carp: No limit.

A valid California State Fishing License is required for all persons 16 years of age and older. The license must be worn visibly above the waist when fishing.

Night Fishing at Lake Perris is no longer available. No one, not even registered campers, is allowed down by the beaches after closing time.

Release all undersized Bass immediately- No Exceptions of Any Kind. (It is a good idea to release all females carrying roe- red eggs near the anal opening- to allow for spawning, the continued survival of bass at Lake Perris and the continued opportunities for bass fishing)

Handle the fish gently, with wet hands only.
If the fish has swallowed the hook, cut the line as close to the hook or mouth as possible and gently release the fish into the water.
Tossing or throwing a fish into the water may injure or kill it.

Use only 1 fishing pole or line at a time per person fishing. The Pole or line must be closely attended. No more than three hooks or lures on a line. 2 poles allowed with a 2 rod stamp accompanying a fishing license.
No spear fishing. No snagging of fish. Fish must take the bait in their mouth voluntarily.

Baits:

Worms, crickets, crayfish (bait shop purchased crayfish only)

Live or dead fresh water fish- only Threadfin Shad from Lake Perris or Longjaw Mudsuckers

Dead ocean fish, lures, and processed foods such as Salmon eggs, cheese baits etc

(Strange that's there's no mention of artificial baits. Must be a given.)

Do not move live fish from Lake Perris. Fish cleaning stations have been provided throughout the park.

Like I said, I only posted the info that I thought was most important.

Here's the link to all the info on Lake Perris:
http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=24695

Flying
12-15-2009, 11:29 AM
It was 2 over 15" at one time but that was long ago.

Also there are no operating fish cleaning stations. Its down the page more.

There are currently no functional fish cleaning stations at Lake Perris. We are sorry for the inconvenience that this causes. We know how important that these stations are to our fishing visitors, but unfortunately there are other needs dealing with water quality and maintaining the natural resources of the park that have claimed our budget for this year.
No snagging of fish. Fish must take the bait in their mouth voluntarily.Is it Ok if I snag them in the mouth?:Confused: I let them go anyway.

M@M
12-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Maybe will clear up some confusion?

castle
12-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Screw Lake Perris! The Cops there are a-holes.

smokinflies
12-16-2009, 10:46 PM
It was 2 over 15" at one time but that was long ago.

Also there are no operating fish cleaning stations. Its down the page more.

Is it Ok if I snag them in the mouth?:Confused: I let them go anyway.

Good eye, Flying. I totally missed that at the bottom of the page. Thanks for adding that piece of info.:Cool: