PDA

View Full Version : PVR/Lower Owens info.

deanhall32
12-15-2009, 08:20 AM
I will be in Bishop for 4 days starting this weekend for the sole purpose of fishing. I was up there 3 weeks ago and fished the Owens but didn't have a chance to fish PVR. Any late updates or recent hot tips or just general BS would greatly be appreciated!

Sierra_Smitty
12-15-2009, 08:40 AM
I will be in Bishop for 4 days starting this weekend for the sole purpose of fishing. I was up there 3 weeks ago and fished the Owens but didn't have a chance to fish PVR. Any late updates or recent hot tips or just general BS would greatly be appreciated!

I fished PVR for about an hour yesterday. Got 3 bites on a dropshot orange powerworm but missed all three strikes. Also tried yellow but did not get a bite. The guys just down the shore from me caught 2 while I was there...I overheard them say that Garlic PB was their bait.

I might get out again today and give it better effort...but there is still a lot of snow on the dam, which is where I prefer to fish on short excursions so I may pass.

Good luck!
Smitty

deanhall32
12-15-2009, 09:35 AM
This is one reason why I love FNN. Instant feedback with up to date reports!

Thanks Smitty-- So it snowed in Bishop last weekend?

Sierra_Smitty
12-15-2009, 10:04 AM
This is one reason why I love FNN. Instant feedback with up to date reports!

Thanks Smitty-- So it snowed in Bishop last weekend?

It did indeed....we got about 5 inches in town. Its all gone from the roads and such but the north facing and shaded areas still have some snow hanging around.

troutman27
12-15-2009, 02:37 PM
I will be there this weekend as well......normally I am able to pull out a limit. I plan to hit the river on Saturday, and then the reservoir on Sunday. If you see a really skinny white guy with glasses fishing the reservoir, feel free to stop by.

TM27

deanhall32
12-15-2009, 03:02 PM
I will be there this weekend as well......normally I am able to pull out a limit. I plan to hit the river on Saturday, and then the reservoir on Sunday. If you see a really skinny white guy with glasses fishing the reservoir, feel free to stop by.

TM27

Might see you at the river on Saturday or early Sunday. Gotta watch the Chargers at the bowling alley's sports bar and then hit PVR Monday.

asmacsbob
12-15-2009, 04:03 PM
if you go to the res try the usual but try crickets also the browns like em....use a tube if possible....also castmasters and rapallas work well.....and use crickets on the river (down past the regulated area....a good place is downeast line st to the river and walk up river...less people and more browns....but the river is really low at 80 cfm last i looked...

cjschock
12-17-2009, 07:18 PM
See you guys there this weekend.