PDA

View Full Version : Dvl 12-14

KTskipper
12-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Just a quick report- The only bite/fish came about 9:30 and maybe pushed 4 lbs. The water temp was around 59-60 degrees and was green with visibility 5-7 feet. Really nice to be back on the water, now I just need to re-learn the lake at this level. No boat pressure, maybe only 20 boats on the water today. On a side note, while I was cleaning the boat in the parking lot afterwards, the boat next to me had a nice cooler full of cats. Good job guys.

NooB SaBass
12-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Trout or Striper? DVL seems to be a good Cat place, 1st day I ever went to DVL a gentleman had a 5lb Cat on a stringer lol...

KTskipper
12-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Sorry....it was a LMB on the drop shot.

NooB SaBass
12-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Nice I'm gonna get out to the lake when it opens and maybe try hitting all the shore bass spots, idk seems like maybe I overwork the same spot and produce no fish. But I never hear of Bass fishermen on foot @ DVL, they always on boat...

Matt_Magnone
12-14-2009, 09:19 PM
my fish were located from 1' to 50' on key rock formations.

fishing is definately ON. had a limit in the first 30 minutes for about 20. definately over 25 fish today.

if you remember how the lake used to fish, it still fishes the same just the scenery has changed. play with your angles on your casts and you'll be able to limit out small fish from big fish.

try throwing down your drop shot rod and picking up your carolina rod. follow the typical colors and i guarantee you fish. the fish had there active periods where they were ripping the rod out of your hands but as the day progressed the bite turned into more of a pressure bite.the fish would just mouth the bait and if you werent aware of what your bait was doing at all times, you could easily pop the bite right out of their mouths.

be observant of what type of weeds you're pulling up; they will tell you a lot about the environment you're in and you can make adjustments as need be.

if you see me on the lake dont hesitate to cruise over, im more than willing to help you out. i have an 18.5' tracker pulled by a chevy with a big fat GLoomis sticker on the rear window.

HOGMASTER
12-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Nice I'm gonna get out to the lake when it opens and maybe try hitting all the shore bass spots, idk seems like maybe I overwork the same spot and produce no fish. But I never hear of Bass fishermen on foot @ DVL, they always on boat...

Maybe you should take up golf!

NooB SaBass
12-16-2009, 05:27 PM
idk went again today, 0-3... no bass no trout no nuttin...

HOGMASTER
12-17-2009, 06:42 AM
idk went again today, 0-3... no bass no trout no nuttin...

Like I said maybe you should take up golf! You might get a little more action!! Just ask Tiger!