PDA

View Full Version : Otay 12/12

bluehunter
12-14-2009, 05:18 AM
Went out to Otay with another bro name Brian. Was hoping for some action in the rainy day weather. Met up with Catmando and also ran into Katnip and his brother. Very few boats out on this day - the way I like it. : ) The bite was pretty slow throughout the day and the fish pretty much had to be found as they was not in a few zones I fished that day. However I was able to pull out a few cats this day and also get into some gills which is always good. Got one blue at 14 pounds and also a 7.6 pound channel. Do not have the pic of the channel yet as it was on Brian's camera. Also a video as well. Will get those in if I receive them and have in a video. Other than that, it was slim pickings for pretty much everyone on this day. Gills are always able to be had there if you find them. Blue cats are another matter. Until next time, peaces!

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq142/bluehunter1100/otaydec.jpg

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq142/bluehunter1100/otaydec2-1.jpg

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq142/bluehunter1100/otaydec3-1.jpg

ib12fish
12-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Nice cat and gills!!, Otay was always good for some big gills and cats back when I used to fish it, and it still is!! back when i fished it old man Grant (RIP) was the king of catfish, boy he used to really get them. him and my uncle Jim were always getting them good, I need to get back down there and fish it, back to my roots, I caught my first ever fish there. Once again nice fish.

bluehunter
12-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks. Otay definitely is a good lake. I remember a few old schools guys back in the days like Clint and Floyd. Those guys were doing it big time at San Vicente and Otay. Back then I was not making the san diego trips like I do now. : ) Get back on those cats, they are still there just bigger now.

TroutOnly
12-14-2009, 08:54 AM
NICE KITTY AND GILLS BRIAN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

Striper_Slayer
12-14-2009, 03:18 PM
NICE KITTY AND GILLS BRIAN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

how you get your post to show up as all CAPS? :Confused::Confused:

PONTOON
12-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Now that's hardcore catfishin' Brian. I was wondering if you were even able to launch but it's now apparent you guys made a day of it.
Congrats on the catch!:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

bluehunter
12-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Thanx fellas - trout only and Pontoon.

Pontoon - yea man hardcore catting is definitely me. I actually look forward to conditions like this past weekend. LOL. I can take rain but definitely not the wind. The wind did not pick up and the water was actually pleasant for the most part and flat. Just a little chilly thats all.

Katnip
12-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Yea it was pretty cold and wet and I got a nice cold to show for it. We did manage to get out on Sunday after all , the bite really picked up , and even less boats out. See ya there soon as we plan on fishin' there pretty much every week end till spring.

bluehunter
12-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Niceeeee!. I wanted to get out Sunday as well but thought again twice plus I had a big evaluation to get ready for on Monday. Everything went well today for that BTW. LOL. Man I wished I lived closer I would be out there weekly as well. I can only do 2 trips a month down to SD. Glad yall got into some on Sunday. Keep at it and a trophy will come sooner than you think for ya. I may have one more trip sometime this month. I will try to sqeeze one in, but the christmas gifts may have something to say about that. : )