PDA

View Full Version : After the rain

driven2fish
12-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Went to our spot tonight, but couldn't convince my girl to go with me:Sad:. So I rigged up a crankbait, and bundled up BIG TIME. Fished in the wind for about 1hour 15min. The wind was really whippin' my line around, lots of backlashes, and misguided cast's. It was also kinda difficult to sense my lure and the action it was presenting...messed up conditions for sure.

My back started aching after about 45min or so, and my confidence was hitting a low point, when I got SLAMMED by you know who:Wink:. After a bunch of UNWANTED splashes, I landed the fish and managed to snap a quick pic, and release..."thank you come again!"

As I hustled around the rest of the lake, SWEET I hooked another one, but despite the 9 hooks on my big crankbait, the fish managed to shake the lure and swim off too freedom.

smokinflies
12-15-2009, 09:48 AM
nice catch

driven2fish
12-15-2009, 02:04 PM
nice catch

thank you.

when you're fishing at your "home-base-lake" its hard to give up, even when the conditions are a little tough. i know what kinda of beauty's are lurking down below...and i want to keep throwing at em' until i hook at least one:Smile:.

but the wind really did SUCK on sunday night!