PDA

View Full Version : Lagoon, Dec 11th

Joshua
12-13-2009, 09:36 AM
12-11-09
Snuck out on Friday to fish with my daughter. With her softball schedule, we dont fish as much as I require. We took out the camper and slept in line all night. This is part of the event for her. I was concerned about the forcast for rain. If it rains, Irvine get muddy/murky really fast and the trout bite dies. Had one heavy downpour all night. Everything was wet and muddy.
We get in and get setup. Within 20 minutes, FISH ON! My daughter was still in the camper as we had a steady drizzle for about 90 hours. She runs out and lands the fish. There was a slow but steady bite thru-out the day. we left at 1:30. All but one fish was caught on PB. Caught one on a power worm. Water was too dirty to work plastics. Most fish were right around a LB. had a few that were a healthy 2- 2 1/4.
The highlight of the trip was seeing to raccoons running around the lagoon. We had a good time

We had to made several trips to the store/cafe (kids will do that to you). People asked, "how are you guys doing", I said, "we are having a good time, I mean, "how many fish have you caught". I appreciate the interest, but catching fish and having a good time are no longer one in the same. I had a great day fishing with my daughter ( 2 of my favorite things). I have also had mediocre days with a wide open bite by myself. I think it is called maturity. A word that is not used to describe me

Dont let the size or number of fish on your stringer determine if you have a good time.

Weather: Light rain. 60's
Water: Murky (10" visibility)
Bite; Fair but steady
Size: Average

PS
We were after some of the tagged fish. No tags for us. Good luck to the other little people. Maybe we will come back next weekend , if it doesnt rain.

Angler Dan
12-13-2009, 11:53 AM
12-11-09
We had to made several trips to the store/cafe (kids will do that to you). People asked, "how are you guys doing", I said, "we are having a good time, I mean, "how many fish have you caught". I appreciate the interest, but catching fish and having a good time are no longer one in the same. I had a great day fishing with my daughter ( 2 of my favorite things). I have also had mediocre days with a wide open bite by myself. I think it is called maturity. A word that is not used to describe me

Dont let the size or number of fish on your stringer determine if you have a good time.

Best part of your post. From someone who has taken his kids to the lagoon several times (daughter is 8, son is 5), it really does not matter how much you catch. The fun is being there with them, especially when grandpa comes along for the day also. Any fish caught are just the icing on the cake.

Great report and hope to see you out there sometime.

Sue
12-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Great report, and glad you had a lovely day with your daughter!
Bring her out next weekend to the Xmas party (see the rendevous section).

Troutman65
12-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Great that you could get a days fishing in with your Daughter.:Cool: Thanks for posting up .

Mondo21
12-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Your post sounds like a beautiful LMN(women channel) Stories that has touch my heart. You are one of the good Daddy's. Thanks for your post. Hope you have many more post like this one. As Sue said come and join us for The Christmas Party on the 20th. Cindy:Big Smile:

ghetto dad
12-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Nice job man....I need to get my girls out to the lagoon soon....probably this xmas break....

GD

troutdog
12-15-2009, 06:59 PM
The highlight of the trip was seeing to raccoons running around the lagoon. We had a good time

We had to made several trips to the store/cafe (kids will do that to you). People asked, "how are you guys doing", I said, "we are having a good time, I mean, "how many fish have you caught". I appreciate the interest, but catching fish and having a good time are no longer one in the same. I had a great day fishing with my daughter ( 2 of my favorite things). I have also had mediocre days with a wide open bite by myself. I think it is called maturity.

VERY well said Joshua, you definitely "get it"...thanks for sharing your trip to the lake here on FNN. I hope my daughter and I get the chance to fish with you someday soon.

TD

Joshua
12-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Your post sounds like a beautiful LMN(women channel) Stories that has touch my heart. You are one of the good Daddy's. Thanks for your post. Hope you have many more post like this one. As Sue said come and join us for The Christmas Party on the 20th. Cindy:Big Smile:
I appreciate the invite. Don't think we can make it. There is a christmas concert at our church. Her class is singing. She would rather go fishing, for sure
Merry Christmas.

Our next fishing trip is further North. (Bishop)