PDA

View Full Version : Corona 12-5-09, limits

BruinBear
12-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Hello fellow fishermen. First time posting on this forum. Anyways, decided to hit up Corona last Saturday with my dad. Got to the lake around 9AM because we had to drop my lil bro off at school. The guy at the gate said that they stocked 3 days ago (Wednesday). Went next to the dam area and saw that it was way too crowded so we were looking funtil we saw a empty spot next to the boat dock. I wanted to rent a boat but they were all out and my dad hates fishing from a boat. We threw out our poles rigged with rainbow and charteruse powerbait. No activity for an hour. Until I got my first hit around 10am. I gotta say, that fish was full of fight and pretty big too. Probably around 2 lbs. We got consistent bites throughout the day and ended up limiting out by 1:30PM, with the smallest one at 2lbs and the biggest at 3.25lbs. Didn't even try lures due to the lack of areas. The guy next to us is reeling em in left and right. Asked him what he was using and he said "pb mouse." I was like ???, lol, and saw that it was a #14 treble with a white powerworm and covered by powerbait, so that it looked like a mouse. Strange but it seemed to work. Well we did the same thing but with bright orange powerworm, with no success. At least we got our limit within 5 hours, pretty good compared to the others. Did not see a lot of limits nor big fish exceeding 10lbs. But hey, I can't complain, it was well worth the money. Ended up getting our pic taken at the snack bar with a total weight of 20 lbs, 10fish, with the biggest over 3lbs. Lost about 5 fish because of old 2lb test (The last time I went fishing was about 4 years ago?). I hope it doesn't rain much tomorrow. I'll be heading to Guasti, which is 5 min down the street, for tomorrow's trout derby. I look forward to posting more reports.

Mr Bendo
12-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Welcome to team 57! Thanks for the report. Make sure you change the line every season!

troutdog
12-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Nice 1st report, welcome to the board.

TD

boxl0bster
12-11-2009, 10:52 PM
good stuff man, glad you were able to get limits. :Cool: