PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Bigfoot at Christmas/Chanukah/Kwanza/Pagan Solsitce Memory?

City Dad
12-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Now that the holidays have arrived, my mind goes back to the cherished times I've spent seeking out and/or fabricating proof that a giant, bi-pedal primate exists in the remote and not-so-remote areas of our continent.

What are your memories at this time of year? Share!

Cangler
12-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Now that the holidays have arrived, my mind goes back to the cherished times I've spent seeking out and/or fabricating proof that a giant, bi-pedal primate exists in the remote and not-so-remote areas of our continent.

What are your memories at this time of year? Share!

There's far too much fabrication this time of year ....

Fisherman57
12-11-2009, 02:09 PM
My fav "Bigfoot Christmas Memory" ........

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/citydadsanta.jpg

DarkShadow
12-11-2009, 03:07 PM
My favorite memory has to be when Santa brought me a Nintendo for xmas, and I spent all night playing it, then thinking because I had beaten level 1 - 4, I had beat the game. Then I find out I had 8 levels to go.

Second memory has to be the xmas I realized that "Santa Claus" and my parents not only used the SAME wrapping paper to wrap our gifts, but also had the same hand writing. What are the odds?!?!

sansou
12-11-2009, 07:35 PM
About a couple weeks or so before Christmas, when I was about 10 years old, I managed to expertly pull the tape off and take a sneek peek at a lot of my wrapped presents that were lying under the tree.

I was so bummed, cause it looked like slim pickins that year. Lots of BS presents....like clothes and crap like that.

To my surprise, on Christmas morning, out of nowhere appeared a brand new BMX bike.

Score!

City Dad
12-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Fine stories. I have a few of my own. Among them, this, one of my nearest brushes with the great Ape-man of the Northwest.

It was a colorless December morning in a dry coulee outside of Spokane. We’d just polished off a rack of Lucky and shot up an old Zenith when a hulking, shadowy figure emerged from the fog at the top of the draw. Fortunately, I’d long ago reasoned that a dead Bigfoot would be of infinitely more importance to its species than another live, unidentified specimen slipping back into the mists of uncertainty and in the blink of an eye, I’d put half a dozen rounds into the looming form which then lurched and took off like a gut-shot cow… suspiciously like a gut-shot cow… those Sasquatch are crafty devils!

Anyhow, we were never able to track down that Bigfoot – heck, we never even got a chance to start – because as soon as we stood up, a truck came bouncing over the hill like a bat out of hell. We figured we didn’t want to bother with some tightarse and his danm “Can’t you read the GD sign?!?!” BS so we scrammed outta there quick.

But we know the truth is still out there. I'll bag my Bigfoot yet.

sansou
12-12-2009, 11:40 AM
City Dad,

You ever notice the relationship of Bigfoot sightings versus amount of nutmeg you put in yuletide eggnog?

http://www.personalhealthzone.com/herbal_medicine/side_effects/nutmeg_side_effects.html

City Dad
12-12-2009, 12:45 PM
City Dad,

You ever notice the relationship of Bigfoot sightings versus amount of nutmeg you put in yuletide eggnog?

http://www.personalhealthzone.com/herbal_medicine/side_effects/nutmeg_side_effects.html

First of all, I'd like to congraulate you on the best, hapy little avatar of all time...

Secondly, the Salish-speaking people I lived my formative years among, had a word for the use of Mother Earth's gifts like nutmeg, morning glory seeds, liberty caps and a sharp blow to the temple to see visions of the Spirit World; "TonasketOmakOkanoganMethowChewauchSimilkameen - Hok!" or, roughly translated, "Trippin' Balls."

murrieta angler
12-12-2009, 12:51 PM
My fav "Bigfoot Christmas Memory" ........

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/citydadsanta.jpg

At first i thought it was "BUDDY" the Elf...:Big Grin:

sansou
12-12-2009, 04:56 PM
First of all, I'd like to congraulate you on the best, hapy little avatar of all time...

Secondly, the Salish-speaking people I lived my formative years among, had a word for the use of Mother Earth's gifts like nutmeg, morning glory seeds, liberty caps and a sharp blow to the temple to see visions of the Spirit World; "TonasketOmakOkanoganMethowChewauchSimilkameen - Hok!" or, roughly translated, "Trippin' Balls."

Dude, don't bag on my avatar. Bob Ross is THE man.

Hater.

:LOL:

DockRat
12-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Dude, don't bag on my avatar. Bob Ross is THE man.

Hater.

:LOL:

My wife has his videos :ROFL:
DR

fishfinder
12-17-2009, 11:51 PM
When i was about 5 or 6, we were all having xmas out at grandpas farm in minnesota with a big wall size window in the living room we were treated to a nice view of the country snow scenery. When to my surprise here comes santa clause (my grandpa) with a pony and a big ribbon on it walk through the snow in front of the window. Yes I really got a pony for christmas. Never got a chance to thank him for that cause we moved to california before i knew it was him, and has passed away since.

DarkShadow
12-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Yes I really got a pony for christmas.

That's pretty awesome. I don't think the apartments I grew up in were zoned for horses.