PDA

View Full Version : The Vine 12/9

Granezrigz
12-11-2009, 06:26 AM
Went to Irvine for the first time 12/9 - and no joy. Cold as it's been at night figured the temps might be better and after the rain thought they'd be biting. Threw everything I could at 'em, Rapalas, Kast Masters, Phoebes, PB, Gulp worms, inflated NC's dipped in garlic (everything short of blasting caps) and not even a nibble. Did Trout island, the dam. and the West Shore. Spent the day and saw 2 trout landed but at first couldn't tell if it was a large jig until I saw 'em get the net. Both fish under a pound. Been lurking on the board for awhile and had hoped for some good fish. Very nice lake, good cafe and the folks were great but sorry to say I don't know if it'll be a replay.

King Halibut
12-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Sorry about the tough day, but as most of the threads have said more often than not your results are typical so far this season at the Vine.

Try Corona, small lake (pond) but a TON of fish! NICE FISH to boot!

Better yet, give Ralphs or Vons a shot, I hear trout are on sale this week!!!!!!

Better luck next time.

KH

Granezrigz
12-11-2009, 07:00 AM
Hey KH, not that I'd miss a sale but I've been fishing for over 50 years and truely love it!!! Know there are days that, while I hate to admit it, you just flat get skunked. Fixed income and all I don't get to go as often as I'd like, say when I'm not sleepin' I'd be fishin'...

King Halibut
12-11-2009, 11:27 AM
I hear ya, I too would rather be sitting on the shore somewhere rather than doing most anything else.
Ralphs and Vons was my half assed attempt a fish humor!

KH

Liteliner
12-11-2009, 01:24 PM
You should of threw some tube jigs. I'd say sorry for the bad day but seems like another :Crying::Crying::Crying: post. Its fishing get with it...

2jackedLUNGS
12-12-2009, 11:33 AM
sorry to hear about your skunkfest. but i wouldnt give up just yet. id bet that the next time you make it out to irvine youll have much better luck. try trolling thomas bouyants or rapala countdowns.

troutdog
12-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Sorry to hear about your tough day on the water, it happens to everyone at one time or another though. Don't throw in the towel just yet, sometimes its just a matter of paying your dues out there...shoudl you decide to give it another shot feel free to shoot me a PM and I will share the updated info to halp you get on the fish, or maybe I'll just meet you there!

Thanks for the report, regardless of the results this time around!

TD