PDA

View Full Version : A Lil info on Corona

Bob The Big Boy
12-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Hey Guys I just recently made my first trip to Corona withe the tube and although wasnt succesful on the trout did wack the gills....So i have some questions for u Corona tube regulars:
For u guys that fish jigs are u staying up top off the bottom or are u making your way throught the entire water column?...i ask bc i have found that almost everytime i have fished the vine(previous seasons weekly) i find the bigger active trout from mid way to the bottom.
Secondly does anyone know of any holes or shelfs along the bottom of the lake they would like to diclose in a pm for exchange of a few LNL spots i know produce when its slow there

Any additional Info would be appreciated I liked the feel of the lake and having only been there the one time i would like to gather more info seeing as I have no desire to tube the vine without cheating and getting a tow to the back of the lake and LNL is just getting crazy with the price and not bring the Utah bows in like previous years

Thanks,
Robert

vanillagurilla
12-09-2009, 04:41 PM
usualy if the water is dark like corona i like to let the jig sink to the bottom and work the bottom good. bright colors and such. when the water is dirty i find the trout stay near the bottom.

chad
12-10-2009, 09:44 AM
my son and I have been to corona about 6 times this trout season and have not caught less that 20 trout between us each time with alot of them going 5 to 10 lbs. and almost all of them on jigs. The trick is a 10 count before retreiving and a slow retreive with a bright jig yellow and white has been best but green, orange, pink, and white work also. Diping your jig in sent helps. the other side of the lake is good but have caught em every where. hope this helps. And there are some crybabies out there that get all mad if you get within 50yrds of them the only bad thing about corona.

Daryl
12-10-2009, 10:23 AM
There's a steep drop off about 10 - 15 yards from the end of the boat launch dock (slightly south). I avoid it because there is a lot of boat traffic and the shore anglers can cast to it. It can get frustrating for them when a tuber keeps picking up their line. As the water level rises, it gets harder for them to reach that spot from shore.

Bob The Big Boy
12-10-2009, 12:23 PM
yea the only thing i didnt enjoy was the shore anglers gettin all pissed wen i would have a wind gust blow me farther in than i wanted to be but i immediately would move they still would be mad

thanks for all the info