PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Mentors

CL SmooV
12-09-2009, 03:23 PM
To all FNN Members,

Today, many foster kids go without having a mentor of some fashion in their life to share memories and to be taught something valuable they can do for a lifetime.

As a social worker and avid fisherman, I was asked at a county meeting by Department of Children & Family Service Chair Members where all the MALE mentors/role models are????? My reply? Ummmmm. Fishing!!!!!

I am starting a Fishing Mentor Program for the 2010 fishing season(s) and invite any FNN member or (organizations associated with it of interest) you may know of to be a fishing mentor for a kid in the foster program. I am inviting Women and Men!!!!!

Its easy, one year committment to a kid, be 21 or older, short weekend fishing trips at our local LA County lakes, along with free laker/clipper games, dodger games, cultural events and most importantly: make great memories for someone less fortunate than us.

If you are truely interested or know someone or a group who might be, please PM me so I can provide you more information and details.

I feel us fishermen can make a huge impact with this program in which the entire county and city of Los Angeles would be very proud of.

Sincerely,

Charles

CAPT'N
12-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Great idea Charles. Take a look at what our club does, and has been doing for almost 60 years.

Send me a PM if you think we can work together, or have any questions

www.helpingspecialkids.org

Scott Schiffman
President
Los Angeles rod & Reel Club

Sea Legs
12-16-2009, 02:05 PM
any info? I might be available and I know a couple of people that will help out too

Sue
12-16-2009, 03:48 PM
That is SUCH a great idea! I've said many a time how I wish I had kids to teach them this great hobby I've discovered.
Maybe I can give something to kids that never had the chance. I'll send you a P.M.