PDA

View Full Version : lower owens ????????

striperstud
07-06-2007, 02:37 PM
hey i am planning a trip to lower owens in july sometime and was wondering where the best fishing was on the river.... also wat works best down there?????

thanks

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
07-08-2007, 01:59 PM
What part of the Lower Owens? I usually fish the Bishop area between Warm Springs Road and E. Line Street. There's a dirt road that follows the river on both sides and like many others take the west side, find a shady place to park and walk the river a ways until I find a spot. From there you can jump back in your car and go up or downstream and look for another spot. Along the way you'll find a few small springs where the water drains off into the river, that's usually a good place to catch a few. I usually either throw Panther Martins or Rooster Tails, or for bait I use nightcrawlers or crickets. My bigger fish are caught using bait (biggest so far is a 6.5 lb brown). The river is pretty deep in spots so it's best to use just a small split shot when fishing bait and no more than 4 lb test. It's gonna be hotter than heck in July, so bring lots of liquids to drink. Have a great trip and remember to drink lots of liquids :wink:
Did I mention to drink lots of liquids??? :rofl: