PDA

View Full Version : Bass Fishing Regulations Clarified on Castaic Lake homepage

geobass
12-08-2009, 09:17 PM
It was brought to my attention today that a "clarification" of the Black Bass limits at Castaic lake has been added to reflect split limits for the Upper Lake and the Lagoon.

The limit for the Lagoon is now posted as 5 at 12" and over.

The limit for the Upper Lake remains 2 at 18" and over.

When I started fishing at Castaic about six years ago the limit was the same for both lakes.
5 at 12" and over. It was changed a few years ago to 2 at 18" and over on the website.

I always thought this limit applied to both lakes since it was changed. Was I the only one who thought that or have many of us been in the dark about these regs for several years now?

What I would like to know is why if the information on the website was wrong for so long, nothing has been done about it till now?

What's your take on it? Is this a good thing or what?

The limits don't affect me that much since I do all catch and release but it would be nice to know that somebody in charge of the Castaic Lake website is paying attention to the accuracy of the posted rules.

Two plus years is a long time for something to be wrong on the website and remain uncorrected.

Fire Ball
12-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks for posting this on FNN, GeoBass. Butch got it changed on the website.

I don't really think it matters, because the people that were keeping bass, were keeping the small ones anyway. Plus a lot of people that want to keep them cannot catch them anyway, lol.

geobass
12-09-2009, 08:42 AM
I think you are probably right about that Fire Ball. Good luck catching five at the Lagoon.

For most people, including me, that is pretty tough to do I have to admit.

Robo Bass
12-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Ya I thought it applied for both lakes for a while

SDDave
12-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks for posting this on FNN, GeoBass. Butch got it changed on the website.

I don't really think it matters, because the people that were keeping bass, were keeping the small ones anyway. Plus a lot of people that want to keep them cannot catch them anyway, lol.

front page news...