PDA

View Full Version : secret spot in long beach 12/07

thomasfishing
12-08-2009, 11:34 AM
All day it was raining but i keep thinking to myself if lobster do crawl during a storm. No better way to prove this myth then go do it. Call around and found one donkey to brave the storm with me. In fact his first time too. Got his license and lobster card and off we went in the pouring rain. Left HH at 4pm in gale force wind took us over and hour to get to our secret spot that i usually get in 15 mins. drop our first set of 5 and 5 another 300 yards away. let it soak for 20 mins Boy All i can say is, it not easy positioning nets around structure in a gale force condition, Down right dangerous but we manage. Anyhow long story short, pull our first set and went 9 for 10 new record for me. In fact one net had 4 legals. Needless to say we were stoke. 1st set we had eight legals on board. only took us another 2 sets to round off our limits. we were home by 7:30 watching monday night football.

fisherman from long beach
12-08-2009, 11:38 AM
you are crazy!but thats a great catch,about time someone posted up a bug report.

Agro
12-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Nice job! :Big Grin:

lucky catch
12-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Hooping in the rain sucks!!! I can't wait for the rain to end.
Glad you did well.
Last year two hoopers on Bloody decks died when their boat got swamped and they didn't have their life jackets.

Hollywood1
12-09-2009, 02:19 AM
Awesome bugs! My buddy is a Commercial lobster fisherman and he said the bite is actually better during storms or choppy conditions. The clearer the water the less likely the bugs will come out. They prefer to feed in murkier conditions. I guess they feel more sheltered maybe.

ahhvtec
12-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Great work on the bugs but from the pics it sure looks like the water sure laid down and the high clouds, not like the other night? Just asking...

viking172
12-09-2009, 08:16 AM
guess it was worth braving the rain. Nice bug.

thomasfishing
12-09-2009, 08:27 AM
Great work on the bugs but from the pics it sure looks like the water sure laid down and the high clouds, not like the other night? Just asking...

See how the camera is blurry, that was from the rocking of the boat. but that was nothing. it was far worst when we got in and out of the harbor. You can tell alot from pictures and yes we were inside that why it call the "secret spot"

mullet
12-10-2009, 08:35 PM

This from the guy that questions others posts questioning his bragging posts?
Just asking........................

HESBROS
12-10-2009, 09:08 PM
WTG Joey, we have not had a night like that yet this yeaar! Check your private messages bro!

duytran
12-11-2009, 08:29 AM

Isn't What this forum is about, "bragged" about what they've caugh so others can enjoy? When I read this report, I too wondered why the background looks so calm and I guarantee you alot of people think the same thing but noone cares to ask.!! And someone did and you got smart about it? If you think he bragged about his reports then don't fkn read them in the future. Go get your self somehing to "Bragg" about if youre good enough!!!!!

mullet
12-11-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm good enough that I don't have to brag.
I was just asking don't get your panties in a wad.

ahhvtec
12-11-2009, 11:58 AM

Trust me, if I wanted to "brag", this forum would be full of "bragging" reports. I only post up about 10% of my reports. Just saying/bragging...

duytran
12-11-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm good enough that I don't have to brag.
I was just asking don't get your panties in a wad.

If you think you're good, well good for you. But dude, whats up with all the negatives sh1t on people that posting their reports, especially lobster reports??? are you piss that we dont tell you our locations??? You own a metal shop right, so you're probably a "millionaire" and you probably have your own yatch or whatever, then go out there and get them lobsters and post a report for once? Did you just registered on here so you can lurk around, hoping someone to give you secrets spots? or you're trying to "protect" the enviroment? Go hug trees dude.

mullet
12-11-2009, 01:10 PM
If you think you're good, well good for you. But dude, whats up with all the negatives sh1t on people that posting their reports, especially lobster reports??? are you piss that we dont tell you our locations??? You own a metal shop right, so you're probably a "millionaire" and you probably have your own yatch or whatever, then go out there and get them lobsters and post a report for once? Did you just registered on here so you can lurk around, hoping someone to give you secrets spots? or you're trying to "protect" the enviroment? Go hug trees dude.

All you guys are going to succeed in doing is getting the regs tightened,
catch your bugs keep it under your hat.I been hooping long enough to remember
when they limited us to 2 hoops apiece.With all the posts that could very well happen again,would that make you happy.By the way I have a tree you can hug.

thomasfishing
12-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Trust me, if I wanted to "brag", this forum would be full of "bragging" reports. I only post up about 10% of my reports. Just saying/bragging...

wow i didnt think i be such a super star here. hahah ok im bragging a little bit only because i love ahhvtec.lol but on a serious note, my reports are for others to read and enjoy and even maybe inspire others to go out and do some hooping. take it for what it worth. I sure put alot of time on the water to figure out this hooping thing. Even though i've never met you ahhvtec but all your previous post about lobsters is the very reason why i like to go hooping. Thanks man and yes i love you. LOL

12-11-2009, 02:41 PM
ahhvtec and duytran,hesbros,those guys i really enjoy reading there post about hoopin,(diving).but i see why nobody post's up report about lobstering,people cant just enjoy another post with out sayin something negative.give it a rest.coming from the fisherman from L.B

ahhvtec
12-11-2009, 03:03 PM
By the way I have a tree you can hug.

HAHAHA Sorry Duy, but that is pretty funny.

My reports are somewhat detailed but it still keeps you guessing and work your mind a bit but some of you have figured it out and have sent me pm's about it.

Thomas, I'm with you, true we may not give all the details but it sure is fun to read reports and get motivated to get out and have some fun. It's all about time spent on the water, no pain no gain. Before I started diving, hooping was all that I did back in the day so I know what it's like to find a honey hole so keep that quiet and keep the reports coming.

LBC Fisherman, congrats on your bug success the other night and thanks for letting me know via pm. I see now why you didn't put up a report here in public, it's a touchy subject up in here.

Duy, you kill me my young Jedi...

Duc

P.S. this is from two nights ago... Do you recognize the background?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/fishs2k/Dive/2009/12-9-2009/IMG950168.jpg

Seatech
12-11-2009, 06:43 PM

Yeah, that's me and a few of the boyz running out to SCI to catch a few 10lb calicos for lobster bait.... ;)

yakker
12-12-2009, 06:58 PM
HAHAHA Sorry Duy, but that is pretty funny.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/fishs2k/Dive/2009/12-9-2009/IMG950168.jpg

No but I bet your dentist is patting himself on the back right now

DockRat
12-14-2009, 06:57 AM
ahhvtec and duytran,hesbros,those guys i really enjoy reading there post about hoopin,(diving).but i see why nobody post's up report about lobstering,people cant just enjoy another post with out sayin something negative.give it a rest.coming from the fisherman from L.B

Less INFO is a Good Thing.

'Never Before'

In the history of this planet has there been so much easy info.:Angry:

Newbie after Newbie showing success and Chest Pounding online.

KINDA LIKE THE 'GOLD RUSH'

Spoon Feeding DFG with tons of info till it was 'The Place To Go' for DFG to get info. Closed Breakwalls due to 'TOO MANY HOOPERS'

DFG sitting down reconsidering the GROWING MASS OF HOOPERS (divers too)

JUST BECAUSE WE DODGED A BULLET DEC 10th DOESN'T MEAN IT WON"T HAPPEN IN THE NEAR FUTURE,
LIKE NEXT YEAR OR THE FOLLOWING YEAR.

TOO BAD WE HAVE HAD TRYING TO FILL THIER WALLETS WITH THIS CRAZE.

CONSTANT POSTS, BOOKS, DVD'S, PULLERS, NEW STYLES OF NETS, BAIT CAGES, FLOATS, LIGHTSTICKS. HOOP NET SEMINARS ???

Advice, Pats on the Back, Best Bait, Tide, Conditions, Times of Crawls ect.

Even members on this website trying to cashing in.

I have never posted a bug report. In the 70's, 80's, 90s we would :Secret:

Even built my own Custom Conicals.

Don't tell Nobody Nuttin attitude :Secret: We used a telephone to talk to 'Buddies'

Not on a computor posting up info to 100s of internet buddies that you have never met. WHY ?
Not to mention 100s of 'LURKERS' that use that info to increase catch and tell there friends.

I have no probem with a ocassional vague report, or a father son report.
But when guys post up bi-weekly with constant 'LOOK AT ME' chest pounding reports
and are filling out report cards, giving away lobster to neighbors just to score points and put up more posts.
WHO NEEDS 100 PLUS LOBSTERS AS SEASON

Get over it. Luckly FNN doesn't seem to have this problem.

Don't act like DFG is not reading.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk63/archer2020/head-in-the-sand.jpg
DR

12-14-2009, 08:16 AM
Less INFO is a Good Thing.

'Never Before'

In the history of this planet has there been so much easy info.:Angry:

Newbie after Newbie showing success and Chest Pounding online.

KINDA LIKE THE 'GOLD RUSH'

Spoon Feeding DFG with tons of info till it was 'The Place To Go' for DFG to get info. Closed Breakwalls due to 'TOO MANY HOOPERS'

DFG sitting down reconsidering the GROWING MASS OF HOOPERS (divers too)

JUST BECAUSE WE DODGED A BULLET DEC 10th DOESN'T MEAN IT WON"T HAPPEN IN THE NEAR FUTURE,
LIKE NEXT YEAR OR THE FOLLOWING YEAR.

TOO BAD WE HAVE HAD TRYING TO FILL THIER WALLETS WITH THIS CRAZE.

CONSTANT POSTS, BOOKS, DVD'S, PULLERS, NEW STYLES OF NETS, BAIT CAGES, FLOATS, LIGHTSTICKS. HOOP NET SEMINARS ???

Advice, Pats on the Back, Best Bait, Tide, Conditions, Times of Crawls ect.

Even members on this website trying to cashing in.

I have never posted a bug report. In the 70's, 80's, 90s we would :Secret:

Even built my own Custom Conicals.

Don't tell Nobody Nuttin attitude :Secret: We used a telephone to talk to 'Buddies'

Not on a computor posting up info to 100s of internet buddies that you have never met. WHY ?
Not to mention 100s of 'LURKERS' that use that info to increase catch and tell there friends.

I have no probem with a ocassional vague report, or a father son report.
But when guys post up bi-weekly with constant 'LOOK AT ME' chest pounding reports
and are filling out report cards, giving away lobster to neighbors just to score points and put up more posts.
WHO NEEDS 100 PLUS LOBSTERS AS SEASON

Get over it. Luckly FNN doesn't seem to have this problem.

Don't act like DFG is not reading.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk63/archer2020/head-in-the-sand.jpg
DRim not saying showing what you catch is wrong to an extent.catching more then you and your family or friends need,is somewhat a prob.but i dont see that,some guy caught a couple and he got bashed for it.this is a fishing network is'nt it?i dont like posting up what i caught because i dont take bashing lightly.especialy from someone that dont even know me.:Evil:

ahhvtec
12-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Point well taken Dock...

WormFisher
12-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Nice job Captain, like usual.

basscat
12-17-2009, 10:29 AM
I KNOW from a very trusted reliable source, that you can post ALL you want, show them the pics of ALL your catches, it does NOT matter to the DFG's and yes they do watch these threads, but here's my point:

DFG's out there somewhere DAILY and watching the activity and 95% of the bug hunters have never ever heard of the fishing websites and all these postings. It's only the obvious that if anyone were to act like the DFG, these bug catchers are not looking at some internet and doing their fishing, okay maybe 94% don't even read up for information.

The talks about closing up or reducing the current regs and all that is only due to the number of new buggers out there and the population growth of CA (covers all spectrum of the rainbow) and the fun and excitement of catching your own $7 to $12 lb. bug, nothing more, nothing less.

So hoop away until they change the regs, it's truly no fault of anyone reports or pictures. :LOL:

If one can control our stateline all "east and north of CA", then maybe the winter birds will stop from making CA their new home, so it's not what the general people think about the southern borders, nope, it's the folks from the "other side" (WA, NV, AZ, IL, NY, etc. you get the picture). :EyePop:

Believe me, my source is as close to the horse's mouth as they come.

ahhvtec
12-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Um ok if you say so, this is from "my" secret spot last night. The scuba tank is a full size AL80.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/fishs2k/IMG00190.jpg

12-17-2009, 04:34 PM
wtf duc.your gonna get lobster poisoning!lol.

DockRat
12-18-2009, 08:59 AM
I KNOW from a very trusted reliable source, that you can post ALL you want, show them the pics of ALL your catches, it does NOT matter to the DFG's and yes they do watch these threads, but here's my point:

DFG's out there somewhere DAILY and watching the activity and 95% of the bug hunters have never ever heard of the fishing websites and all these postings. It's only the obvious that if anyone were to act like the DFG, these bug catchers are not looking at some internet and doing their fishing, okay maybe 94% don't even read up for information.

Believe me, my source is as close to the horse's mouth as they come.

I'm call BS. 'YOUR WAAAAY OFF BASE'

DFG's out there somewhere DAILY and watching the activity and 95% of the bug hunters have never ever heard of the fishing websites and all these postings.

:ROFL:DFG Watching 95% :ROFL:

More like they see 5%

You say it is from field observations. :ROFL:

I'm down in the Port 7 days a week and if you think DFG is cruising around and checking hoopers/divers ? Yah Right.

My boat is in Pedro going on 4 years and I have been checked once.

Drive home around PV daily and NEVER see them, live on the ocean, work on the ocean and drive home on the ocean.
1/8 of a mile from the Pacific Ocean 24/7/365

They do make a showing during the first week or two of Lobster season.

I am still pissed off over the Lobster Card. Why do we have it?

Why is there a 'Gear Code' Flat or Conical on the Lobster Card ?

Can you explain that?

Maybe due to the fact that guys had been 'showing off' Post after Post and debating which net is best. 'Conical nets have better success'

32" flat, 36" flat, Promar Eclipse, Danielson, new Promar Danielson copy,
Blah Blah Blah Blah

BloodyD!cks was out of control a couple years ago.

Ventura Breakwall closed to hoopers. Why ?
TOO MUCH INFO. TOO MANY HOOPERS. TOO DANGEROUS.

Lobster Wars ! Hoopers vs Divers, Huh.
Fishing Fight Talk on BD. Throwing Iron at Divers, talk of tossing seal bombs.
Guys circling around pulling nets while some diver dude is surfacing.
1/4" Neopreme is not Head Protection from a propellor.
Bouy Lines around Propellors.
Boats going on the jetty.

More Problems, Accidents, Deaths = More Regulations

Just feeding the fire for more REGULATIONS coming. :Angry:

Do you think DFG is out checking ? Not much.

They could be writing tickets daily at the Queen Mary Public fishing area.
Poacher Safe Haven, and yes fishing licenses are required there.
Go on the weekend and you will see ALOT of people fishing illegal.
I thought the needed $ Revenue $ ???
They are required forced furlough days off due to lack of funding.

Why do they hang out at Davies Launch with the motor running :ROFL:

Lobster Poacher Snaggers on Redondo Pier almost every night SNAGGING LOBSTERS !!! Wheres Waldo ?
Too long of a walk from the Parking Structure :ROFL:

I have called DFG on Poachers and guess what ? No Show.

The last 5 or so years Hoopnetting has gotton huge.
It is very clear that it was Internet and Ego and $$$ driven by some and many followed.

They don't walk the piers, maybe on a rare occassion. Do you think they ever walk the PV trails ? No.

I saw a guy in a reserve in LB fill a bucket of clams.
Guys out Hooping the Oil Islands in LB. That is a 911 Security Violation.
All vessels must mantain 100 yards from any Container, Cruise, Oil Terminal
Guys Hooping Illegal in LB and nobody cares.
DR

thomasfishing
12-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Hey Dockrat, thank you for putting this all into perspective. You have many valid points. Consider this will be my last post ever. I ll keep all info to myself.

12-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Hey Dockrat, thank you for putting this all into perspective. You have many valid points. Consider this will be my last post ever. I ll keep all info to myself.that kinda sucks,i enjoy reading some post's people put up.maybe the editor of this site could erase some post after a week or so.but keep the post coming.you know a couple of pics of 2-3 bugs does'nt mean were raping the bugs.if nobody post up there goes some motivation for people to go out.this site has great threads and buggin is one of them.:Sad:

basscat
12-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Whoa, Dockrat, cool your jets....and before the editor starts to delete these reports, why? Does that mean ALL the other fishing website should also wipe out their reports, NO. I mean, absolutely NO. :Angry:

Dockrat, we do live in a free democracy today and have been for a few hundreds of years when I last checked. :Razz:

Dockrat is sending out messages like Chicken Little did (is the sky falling?). Please... :Rolls Eyes:

I guess I'll have to talk to my source again, he's only but a few houses down and only been doing his job for over a decade and not counting those. We've gone over and over these same topics with my other long time fishing buddies and some from my relative's italian old school.

To better explain....as for the watching, YES, they are around and in conjunction with the DFG TIP's line, BUT there's only so many field officers out there and CAN'T cover every location. That's the same as telling a police cop "oh, I saw a blue BMW going 100 mph on PCH and I saw a truck with no license plates throwing trash from his window and going 80 in a 40".

The point is you're NOT going to catch every violator, every bad guy etc. as DFG just like any other law enforcement, MUST have proof of evidence and not "here-say". Understand by the time, they get to the recordings of your call, the bad guy(s) are most likely gone, but that doesn't mean they may sent up an observation point if they get repeated calls.

Dockrat, maybe you can call or write Arnold or should have had Gray D. put more money into our broken state of affairs back then, so that DFG can get the latest in phone equipment and GPS stuff.

How many times have you seen in the news of poachers with bugs in their pants or with a spear that went thru the shell or people with enough catches to open their own market? Don't tell me, you NEVER heard of such cases and these are the cases the news media gets wind of, you NEVER heard of the others that are in courts all the time and I mean, in every court system thru out this state and county.

DFG's main thing is to go after the big offenses and offenders and of course, stop the little guys too (no licenses, under-sized, over the limit etc). Is there a quota (cough)? Do the police cops have a certain quota? I don't know for sure, a mystery today, but I suspect they do. I once saw his citation book and I'd say it looked like 4-7 a day, DFG's aka field observations. :EyePop:

As far as Dockrat's observation and I quote "Drive home around PV daily and NEVER see them, live on the ocean, work on the ocean and drive home on the ocean. 1/8 of a mile from the Pacific Ocean 24/7/365". That's great, good for you. So you're saying you're there EVERY day of the week, rain or shine, hot or cold, that's good too. But how do you know that one time you missed a DFG while you were right there on the spot, watching the ocean, while they were at another location? That's like "where's a traffic cop when you need one?" Dockrat, come on, YOU are NOT there 24-7 as you claim, no way, tell that to the yoyo's who get their ticket citations.

Lobster card and etal, can't explain that one, but what can you do about it? Go to the various DFG meeting and MLPA's hearings, can anything be done about it? I dunno, your guess is as good as mine.

As far as the manufacturer's making a "better mouse trap" to get the lobsters, so what?? Are they within the legal dimensions of the current law? If they are legal, so what's the problem? :Secret: Should we stop all reels from going 2-speed so that it's a fair fight for the fish? Tell me??

Yes, it's true, there's too many people out there, so what? Like I said earlier, can you or someone or any law or lawmaker, stop the people from settling here in the West coast after being in the dead of sub-zero weather or can't stand the hurricanes or high humidity of the eastern side of the Rockies or from the snowbirds of Canada? :Wink:

One very important point you're missing by a LONG mark is this: for every poster who shows us their LEGAL catches of both size and limits, there's probably 15-20 others who don't even post or go on the net!!

Another point is that these guys catching the bugs are also reporting, got one legal, but tossed back 10 shorts, so are they keeping them? Hope not but based on their reports, I believe they do throw them to grow up to get bigger and legal later or for next year or the years to come.

Maybe that's why DFG puts size and catch limits on the bugs so that we don't see them go out like the abalones did, you think? :Twisted:

Do you know how much it is to get a fine from DFG for over limits (it's so much per bug) and the fine if they are also under-sized? Probably as much as running your electricity bill during the high season times 2 or 3. No, I've never been fined nor have been issued a fishing violation of any sort and taught my kids (now in high school or college) those same values.

I'm not defending DFG's position, just saying it's a thankless job, given what little resources they have to work with. Dockrat, if you can help Arnold with a solid financial solution, he'll really appreciate it and maybe you'll get to see more DFG's out there.

So guys, keep on POSTING reports and pics!! I live thru your reports, working IT today is tougher and more demanding and besides, I need to put a good used diesel motor in my boat.

As far as the 911 security, try calling the Harbor Police or the Coasties, not DFG, but glad you're looking out there!!

Dockrat, you need to chill out and deal with it, unless you have some way to stop the Internet and folks from living the CA lifestyle. By the way, you're not card carrying PETA member are you? :Secret:

wellfairfisherman
12-18-2009, 08:26 PM
"DockRat" It saddens me to say it but I believe you are "Right On"...

The internet has changed the way I think for sure...

At least the "Tuna" move......Unfortunatly the lobster spots don't...

I remember reading this in your other post "Thomasfishing"

Was heading over to our secret spot but saw too many hoopers and lurkers out there so decided not to hoop there and give up our secret spot.

I'm sorry to say it but "YOU" gave up the spot....And some of us have been hooping "Your" secret spot for 25 years....

Do you really think that when you put "Long Beach" in your report that no one is going to go there?

I remember reading a report here a while ago about a "Wide Open" bass bite at a lake below the window of a guy's office...

He put up a report and location....The next day a whole bunch of people were lined up along the shore of the lake fishing while this guy laughed his arse off and took pictures....

If anyone has a link to that post "Please" break it out....

There's a lot of lessons to be learned from that post, I don't know what they are but there's a lot of lessons.... :ROFL:

mullet
12-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Hey somebody got it ,thats a start.
Mike

HESBROS
12-19-2009, 07:30 PM

More like they see 5%

You say it is from field observations. :ROFL:

I'm down in the Port 7 days a week and if you think DFG is cruising around and checking hoopers/divers ? Yah Right.

My boat is in Pedro going on 4 years and I have been checked once.

Drive home around PV daily and NEVER see them, live on the ocean, work on the ocean and drive home on the ocean.
1/8 of a mile from the Pacific Ocean 24/7/365

They do make a showing during the first week or two of Lobster season.

I am still pissed off over the Lobster Card. Why do we have it?

Why is there a 'Gear Code' Flat or Conical on the Lobster Card ?

Can you explain that?

Maybe due to the fact that guys had been 'showing off' Post after Post and debating which net is best. 'Conical nets have better success'

32" flat, 36" flat, Promar Eclipse, Danielson, new Promar Danielson copy,
Blah Blah Blah Blah

BloodyD!cks was out of control a couple years ago.

Ventura Breakwall closed to hoopers. Why ?
TOO MUCH INFO. TOO MANY HOOPERS. TOO DANGEROUS.

Lobster Wars ! Hoopers vs Divers, Huh.
Fishing Fight Talk on BD. Throwing Iron at Divers, talk of tossing seal bombs.
Guys circling around pulling nets while some diver dude is surfacing.
1/4" Neopreme is not Head Protection from a propellor.
Bouy Lines around Propellors.
Boats going on the jetty.

More Problems, Accidents, Deaths = More Regulations

Just feeding the fire for more REGULATIONS coming. :Angry:

Do you think DFG is out checking ? Not much.

They could be writing tickets daily at the Queen Mary Public fishing area.
Poacher Safe Haven, and yes fishing licenses are required there.
Go on the weekend and you will see ALOT of people fishing illegal.
I thought the needed $ Revenue $ ???
They are required forced furlough days off due to lack of funding.

Why do they hang out at Davies Launch with the motor running :ROFL:

Lobster Poacher Snaggers on Redondo Pier almost every night SNAGGING LOBSTERS !!! Wheres Waldo ?
Too long of a walk from the Parking Structure :ROFL:

I have called DFG on Poachers and guess what ? No Show.

The last 5 or so years Hoopnetting has gotton huge.
It is very clear that it was Internet and Ego and $$$ driven by some and many followed.

They don't walk the piers, maybe on a rare occassion. Do you think they ever walk the PV trails ? No.

I saw a guy in a reserve in LB fill a bucket of clams.
Guys out Hooping the Oil Islands in LB. That is a 911 Security Violation.
All vessels must mantain 100 yards from any Container, Cruise, Oil Terminal
Guys Hooping Illegal in LB and nobody cares.
DR

Hey Dockrat (Dr. is so not fitting) give it a rest. I know "Thomas Fishing" is out on the water hooping much more than he posts. Whats the big deal if he post a couple reports.

I am going to assume you are a MLPA Supporter after reading all this. Because if the DFG reads these boards and make decisions, you just helped them to support the MLPA closures since they are not there to protect the natural resources.

The entire statement above sounds like a letter that should be read to the BR Commision for the MLPA Closures to show your support.

The internet is the internet. And if you know so much about hooping and such, I would think that all you would do is go find new spots that are virgin to hoopers. The recreational and weekend hooper hardly touch the lobster population. As a matter of fact, these reports keep them concentrated in specific areas that are in fact easy to hoop and easy to find. There are millions of acres of water out there to cover up and down the coast with miilions of good lobster spots and I wont even throw a number of lobster out!

yakker
12-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Hey Dockrat, thank you for putting this all into perspective. You have many valid points. Consider this will be my last post ever. I ll keep all info to myself.

Hey Tom, don't even think that.

That bug was a nice one. Evnn for Long Beach.

Better to go out like a warrior than be perfectly mediocre.

klocked
12-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Good job Joey!! I too, enjoy reading your reports!

Sorry to see your post get threadjacked like this:Rolls Eyes:

DockRAT, I hate to say this publicly but, I've seen your antics elsewhere
and your opinions aren't very popular there either. It hasn't worked for
you on the other board, why do you think it'll work for you here on FNN?
Chill out and enjoy the reports instead of bashing people.

Also, it doesn't do any good to misquote people and then make a big fuss about it......

..........but here's my point:

DFG's out there somewhere DAILY and watching the activity and 95% of the bug hunters have never ever heard of the fishing websites and all these postings...............

Basscat obviously said that "the dfg is watching" and that "95% of the bug hunters have never ever heard of the fishing websites..."

When you respond with this because you mis-read it or what ever.......

More like they see 5%

NOT COOL !!!

DockRat
12-20-2009, 06:11 AM
Hesbros, Like I said I have no problem with guys posting.

What I hate is guys posting TOO MUCH. This is not a problem here on FNN.

'The internet is the internet' Huh. So I guess you don't care about a few guys F ing it up for the rest of us.

Just because we dodged a bullit with no changes FOR NOW doesn't mean they won't be coming in the next couple years.

FYI their is guys who have been getting WAAAY more Lobster than they need to eat, just to keep posting and be 'Top Gun' in the sport.

Giving them away to friends and family on a bi-weekly basis for the sole purpose of
SELLING GEAR. Dudes that run shops or are investers in hoop net companies DO IT TO SELL GEAR.

They don't give a F about you, they want to enlist a Army of newbies
for the sole purpose of MAKING MONEY.

How many Hoop Net Seminars, DVD's, Books, Pullers were around 10 years ago.

NONE

You will have more regulations in the future thanks to all your Internet Buddies {most you have never met}

DR

HESBROS
12-20-2009, 07:41 AM
DockRat, you are not going to stop people from posting reports. Is it not strange to you that you are on a "Message Board" thats sole purpose in life is for "posting fishing reports" trying to get people to stop posting? You can continue to try, but I think it is fair that you do not sell your opinion on other peoples reports. Just start a thread of your own, with your own title so people will know what it is and decide if they want to spend the time reading it!

And as for the DFG. I support the DFG 100%. They are under staffed and under budgeted when it comes to field patrol. They have alot of ground to cover in Los Angeles County with just a few wardens, and they are not just dealing with fishing stuff. But they are out there, rest assured. Just last month I was checked on the water in LB by DFG and just this past Friday night there was a warden parked at the South Shores launch. When I have hooped Dana Point it seemed like I seen them every night.

You may be right about some people using boards for marketing, but not all, there is a member of this board that could gain from posting lobster reports and advertise his product, but he rarely posts lobby reports and I have neer seen him market his product.

Fishing reports on these message boards are not what is going to F it up for all of us. It is the members of a BR Commision that know nothing about fishing and are not educated with all the facts surrounding the subject that are going to F it up. They shoot from the hip because they dont know any better and they actually have a different agenda rather than resource protection.

And if your right, and regulation changes are coming, then I guess it makes sense to go out and get' em while you can!

As for people taking too much lobster and giving it away. I guess I am guilty of that, and will continue to be so. I DO give lobster away to those that do not have the priveledge to own a boat and go get their own, or have the time or maybe even get sea sick and just cant do it. I am well with in the regulation to do so.

Oh by the way, if you were wondering, I have been hooping just as much this year as last year, but I have been too lazy to post the reports.

jumpman
01-27-2010, 09:54 PM
I am really confused, I am new to FNN but i post my reports from lakes. I have never been privledged enough to go lobster fishing due to the fact all i have is a small skiff. However i love to see peoples reports on here not because i am going to STEAL information "obviously i cant with out a boat or the gear". i read them because it is cool and i think it is great to see what others are doing. I joined FNN because i thought it would be a community of people that love to be anglers and would like friendships with others. This is why as soon as i signed on FNN i bought 6 shirts, decals etc... i thought a TEAM, wow i would love to meet more friendly anglers and fish with them. But to be fighting about reports is pretty retarded, come on seriously? if anyone does not like reports or has something to hide dont be part of something great "FNN" . I mean anyone can fish next to grumpy unfriendly people.

originally this post started with a good story, please PM me i would love to hear more.....
JM

Seņor.Chilax
01-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Nicely said Jumpman.

superbigfish
01-28-2010, 07:51 PM
so it is illegal to hoop inside the Long Beach Harbor?

TroutOnly
02-02-2010, 06:26 PM
sounds like you got a little taste of the deadiest catch,,,,,,,,,,,