PDA

View Full Version : Hemet Lake recently?

JAG107
12-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Has anyone been recently, and has the action been any good, or is the bite off now that its cold as hell? I was thinking about going in a couple weeks, is it too cold this time of year for boating? Any info helps me out, thanks

Troutman65
12-07-2009, 09:13 PM
With this storm that just blew through and the next one coming in a day or two there should be a bunch of snow on the ground up there. When I use to go up there a few years ago the wind in the afternoon was brutal this time of year . If you go be sure to dress for artic winter :Wink: Post up a report also .

bstolton
12-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Was up there on sunday, froze my F`n *** off, and no I diddn`t catch anything. It was 37 and not one bite. I fished my usual spot on the wilderness side, where I always catch at least 1 trout for nada. There was one family of 5 and maybe 2 or 3 other brave souls fishing and that was it. Even my dog knew this was a stupid idea. lol Left at noon, the storm was moving in, and I`m sure it snowed that afternoon. As soon as we get a warm winter day you know I`ll be back.

Bill

Troutman65
12-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Was up there on sunday, froze my F`n *** off, and no I diddn`t catch anything. It was 37 and not one bite. I fished my usual spot on the wilderness side, where I always catch at least 1 trout for nada. There was one family of 5 and maybe 2 or 3 other brave souls fishing and that was it. Even my dog knew this was a stupid idea. lol Left at noon, the storm was moving in, and I`m sure it snowed that afternoon. As soon as we get a warm winter day you know I`ll be back.

Bill

Nice going trying Bill. We use to go up to Hemet lake and if it was blown out or it was even to cold for the trout to bite we would drive back down and hit up Little Anglers Lake . Its closed now a days . But at least we could get some trout for our long drive up there.

JAG107
12-08-2009, 08:51 PM
thanks for the input guys, I may just hit up corona instead.