PDA

View Full Version : good night in LBC

kwest10
12-07-2009, 01:36 PM
fishing anyway...not catching.
Launch at davies. Boat was way to crowded with 5 and 10 nets w/ gear.
Dolphins followed us out and saw a guy with his chihuaua on a paddle board wearing a blazer.
Dropped nets outside the last breakwall. Problem w/ boat. Bait barge let us tie up and shoot the **** and fish. Couple of croaker. He needed fuel from Nacho so went over and got some. Tied up and got fuel and fished and chatted w/ Nacho. Funny guy. Told me stories of his dogs killing pelicans and one almost got ate by a seal.
Dropped off the fuel and went to check on the nets. Lost 2 to the kelp somehow. Seal? Found one float. Dropped em in new spots and took 5 to freeman and fished. Moved around all night until 11:30 or so. One hoop had a pretty good chewed up mack by a bug or crab but it left. LOTS of starfish, an octopus, tiny sculpin and a couple of BIG conch. Some small sandies at the wall but that was it.
Talked to 2 guys on a Trophy. I think it was Duc? Probably went to the secret spot. Didn't see any other hoopers out there.
Had a few cold ones and 3 cigars.
Bugs would have been gravey but oh well.

fisherman from long beach
12-07-2009, 02:20 PM
good to see a report about hoopin.sorry about the nets though

ahhvtec
12-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Nope not me. I was no where near the breakwall last night. I was at home having a cocktail. LOL. Sorry to hear of a slow night for you and the loss of two nets.

Duc

kwest10
12-07-2009, 02:54 PM
that's fishing for you. I needed an excuse to go buy conicals now that it looks like they're going to be OK for awhile.

murrieta angler
12-07-2009, 05:16 PM
If you don't fish, you don't catch...Good job getting out there and trying. I wasn't aware that there was conch around these waters. I LOVE CONCH..:Razz:
Thanks for the report..:Smile:

kwest10
12-08-2009, 08:09 AM
If you don't fish, you don't catch...Good job getting out there and trying. I wasn't aware that there was conch around these waters. I LOVE CONCH..:Razz:
Thanks for the report..:Smile:

can't fall off a bike if you don't get on it right?
I think I'll stick with my old spot since there are at least shorts there. Where kids are...momma and papa are near by.
There were definitely conch/snails. Biggest I've seen. They were a little bigger than big eggs.

BIG0FISH
12-08-2009, 11:43 AM
instead of catching lots of bugs, we're losing lots of nets. Johnny aka "fisherman from long beach" lost one or should i say someone stole it. then my hooping buddy John lost 3 of them and then you lost 2 of them.
well, atleast you got yourself an excuse to buy the better kind.

last saturday instead of hooping i went out and got 6 pound of big crabs and enjoyed in the comfort of my warm house. hehe!

12-08-2009, 12:01 PM
instead of catching lots of bugs, we're losing lots of nets. Johnny aka "fisherman from long beach" lost one or should i say someone stole it. then my hooping buddy John lost 3 of them and then you lost 2 of them.
well, atleast you got yourself an excuse to buy the better kind.

last saturday instead of hooping i went out and got 6 pound of big crabs and enjoyed in the comfort of my warm house. hehe!

sometimes going out and buying the crab and lobster is cheaper.but nothing like the thrill of the hunt,and coming home and waking the old lady with a bug and scaring the **** out of her,(priceless):LOL:

BIG0FISH
12-08-2009, 05:17 PM
sometimes going out and buying the crab and lobster is cheaper.but nothing like the thrill of the hunt,and coming home and waking the old lady with a bug and scaring the **** out of her,(priceless):LOL:

lol, your right about that Johnny. money i spend on each outing is more than what i bring home but you cant count every dollar you spend versus your catch. it's our hobby and hobbies dont come cheap. it's the thrill of catching it yourself.

12-08-2009, 05:48 PM
lol, your right about that Johnny. money i spend on each outing is more than what i bring home but you cant count every dollar you spend versus your catch. it's our hobby and hobbies dont come cheap. it's the thrill of catching it yourself.
is'nt that the truth.