PDA

View Full Version : float tube or sevylor fish hunter!

mission89
12-06-2009, 09:01 PM
iv been thinkin about buying one of these for a while just dont know how you would fish off of both of them can you bait n wait or is it strictly for lures ect. i would be doing mainly trout fishing so any help id appreciate. which one would you guys go for i know you could have more people on the fish hunter other than just you on a tube but any testimonials and help id appreciate. thanks amigos

Fire Ball
12-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Float tubes are really awesome. You could bait and wait if you wanted as long as you can stay in the same spot. Float tube are are realy good for just one person. I took my out today for the first time and it was great! I don't know about a raft though.

Simplyeman
12-06-2009, 09:27 PM
I'd hate to sound selfish but there something very serene about having your own float tube. You have your own personnal space to do as you please.

1) You can always find fisherman with float tubes to go out with so you will not be alone

2) Get your friends in on the idea to buy float tubes as well.

If you go with the fish finder you will also have to buy the motor mount separately unless you plan on paddling all day, which to me is a headache. Yes it is more durable then their lower model sevylor. Last thing you need to keep in mind is that you cant just throw in a battery for your trolling motor, you need to pick up a marine battery and they are heavy as hell and it just sits in the open on the boat.

carpanglerdude
12-06-2009, 10:23 PM
I have the fish hunter by seylor and I really do like it. It takes about 10 minutes to inflate on a car lighter pump and about the same to deflate. It's the 12ft version, says it holds 6 ppl but for fishing its really best for 2 (mebbe 3 small ppl).

I've used it and found it to be really sturdy, even on rocks. Unfortunately, the last time I took it out, I found a dead mouse in the box I keep it in-and a small hole chewed in the rubber. It's fixable, but I haven't got around to it yet.

Rowing can be a pain, but its a heck of a good workout!

mission89
12-06-2009, 10:55 PM
hey thanks amigos i really appreciate the advice anyone have a sevylor fish hunter or tube for sale lol....but really thanks i guess if i go for the tube ill get the fish cat or the 12 ft sevylor.

Fire Ball
12-07-2009, 10:28 AM
I'd hate to sound selfish but there something very serene about having your own float tube. You have your own personnal space to do as you please.

1) You can always find fisherman with float tubes to go out with so you will not be alone

2) Get your friends in on the idea to buy float tubes as well.

If you go with the fish finder you will also have to buy the motor mount separately unless you plan on paddling all day, which to me is a headache. Yes it is more durable then their lower model sevylor. Last thing you need to keep in mind is that you cant just throw in a battery for your trolling motor, you need to pick up a marine battery and they are heavy as hell and it just sits in the open on the boat.

I noticed that it was very peaceful being out there on an uncrowded lake in my float tube. Just siting out there in your float tube and not even trying to fish would still be nice! Lol! I think a float tube is the better overall choice. I completely agree with Simplyeman.

Trout Doctor
01-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've been pondering this exact question. I decided on the Fish Hunter since I can take my wife, so I was excited to see a few of you have tried it. I've been too chicken to pull the trigger and get it but I guess now I'll wander over to Amazon and finally order it.

If you go with the fish finder you will also have to buy the motor mount separately unless you plan on paddling all day.

From what I've read it can take a small electric trolling motor without the separate mount. Supposedly the mount is only needed for gas engines, but they might be stretching the truth of its capabilities I suppose.

Lightning
01-02-2010, 07:56 PM
I like my float tube.As stated it's very peaceful & easy to launch.You can find some good deals on ebay.

Trout Doctor
01-02-2010, 08:04 PM
I like my float tube.As stated it's very peaceful & easy to launch.You can find some good deals on ebay.

Maybe I'll get both...

(I shouldn't be allowed near a credit card)

Fire Ball
01-02-2010, 08:08 PM

Maybe I'll get both...

(I shouldn't be allowed near a credit card)

I would recommend a float tube over any other inflatable. Just one good reason is that most inflatables don't have anything to protect the inner tube like on float tubes, so one stray hook could ruin your day, lol. Float tube is the best and cheapest option, I believe.

Nessie Hunter
01-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Just found out last night, my friend is selling his Pontoon CHEAP. Separation/Divorce?? and leaving the home, so it needs to go.

Only been on the water one time in Montana, like new with set of oars....

Probably let it go for $150 ish, OBO for quick sale???

He is going to an Apt in Ontario area??, so if any one is interested, let me know and Ill put you in touch....

Will be getting a classified add ready soon, beat the rush!!!!

dogomudda
01-10-2010, 06:26 PM
I have the Sevylor Fish Hunter rafts. I use both the 9" and the 12" by myself. I rigged it so I can use a Mincota trolling motor. The only problem I have is toting around a car battery. I also got a couple of anchors that I bail out (one on each side). I can't tell you how many times I have just taken a nap while on the water. I also don't inflate it on site. I have a small truck, inflate the raft at home and shove the sucker right into the bed. Hubby says I am totally nuts but, YA GOTTA LOVE IT !!!