PDA

View Full Version : duct! wins again....

bouncer
12-03-2009, 07:27 PM
so basically im moving to the antelope valley and i decided to try the duct out i gathered alot of information on gates lures and baits some of which i couldnt apply because i havent bought them or i lost them but i spent two days with open gates! and nothing

i tried 72 gate, longview gate in pearblossom, w11 in pearblossom and 47th by chessburo,

ive been told by most locals these are the spots nearby i tried for cats and stripers for the cats i had livers and night crawlers also chovies but those were also meant for stripers i tried topwater and rattle traps for stripers i had a kpn but it got stucks on the power lines at 72! i also tried jerkin a rooster tail with a zook swim bait on it! either it was to cold or im just not understanding something! HEELLLPP!

RamboBoy
12-03-2009, 08:30 PM
There are no fish at the duct!

too cold

yolo
12-03-2009, 08:32 PM
You go to the duct for the first time and expect to catch fish? :ROFL:
Keep at it and it will come.

tpfishnfool
12-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Tough times lately. keep the faith and remember the moon and cold front has put the bite on hold. I myself have been put to bed with nada these past few days. No flows dont help.

yolo
12-03-2009, 09:12 PM
I have not been out in awhile but got my hook broken 2 days ago on a big hook up. I was fighting it for a little bit and got off. Bring the lure in and 1 hook from the rear treble was busted off. Might have been hooked weird or in the hard gill plate? No flow that day either.

stg68
12-04-2009, 05:42 AM
so basically im moving to the antelope valley and i decided to try the duct out i gathered alot of information on gates lures and baits some of which i couldnt apply because i havent bought them or i lost them but i spent two days with open gates! and nothing

i tried 72 gate, longview gate in pearblossom, w11 in pearblossom and 47th by chessburo,

ive been told by most locals these are the spots nearby i tried for cats and stripers for the cats i had livers and night crawlers also chovies but those were also meant for stripers i tried topwater and rattle traps for stripers i had a kpn but it got stucks on the power lines at 72! i also tried jerkin a rooster tail with a zook swim bait on it! either it was to cold or im just not understanding something! HEELLLPP!

Yea... I’ve seen a lot of lures on power lines at 72
Possible worth about $100 there already

stg68
12-04-2009, 05:46 AM
There are no fish at the duct!

too cold

You got that right:EyePop::ROFL::Twisted::Secret::Secret::Secre t::Secret:

stg68
12-04-2009, 05:52 AM

Ask Khanh (KPN) for his lucky lures... That will help you .....
http://kpntackle.com/

Cangler
12-04-2009, 07:29 AM
It's a great place to fish when you have an urge , but to pull
something out take a lot a dedication

FishHunter
12-04-2009, 09:35 PM
I have been at duct several times and I'm driving from LA but only one time My dad got
9 lb on rattle trap and myself caught 1 small one on anchovee, Gary was there also and he told me that is smallest stripy he has seen at duct!!! what I can say is just it does not worth for long drive but again I don't really care I rather troll than waiting to fish come and hooks up...bottom line duct requres 1-Best Luck 2-best effort and 3-strongest nerves to get skunk.
I will never give up till pull out DDsssssssssssssssssss.
Good Luck

M@M
12-05-2009, 12:20 PM
At least you know the stripers are there.I Don't know about down here in HESPERIA aqueduct. ANYONE ever catch a striper in Hesperia in the last few years?? I'll keep trying, starting to lose hope....

yolo
12-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Yes there are stripers in that portion of the duct. There has to be. Hopefully one is caught one of these days by someone who posts from that area. I break the duct down into sections. I consider pumping plant to pumping plant a section. There have been stripers caught in Llano so that is the same section of duct from Pearblossom pumping plant to Silverwood. If there is one in there then there are more.

The reason I break it down to pumping plant to pumping plant sections is that is where 1 + year old fish will live their life out. They can't get past the debris grates at the pumping plants because the opening is only 2" between the grates.

M@M
12-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Yes there are stripers in that portion of the duct. There has to be. Hopefully one is caught one of these days by someone who posts from that area. I break the duct down into sections. I consider pumping plant to pumping plant a section. There have been stripers caught in Llano so that is the same section of duct from Pearblossom pumping plant to Silverwood. If there is one in there then there are more.

The reason I break it down to pumping plant to pumping plant sections is that is where 1 + year old fish will live their life out. They can't get past the debris grates at the pumping plants because the opening is only 2" between the grates.
Thanks for a bit of hope Yolo! I keep telling myself the same thing. Why wouldn't there be striper here too.I was fishing in a section before Silverwood last week, where comes back up a couple miles from where it goes underground near Farmington Rd.
Talked to a guy fishing for catfish. He said they drained it about 4yrs. ago to clean it out (cars,junk etc.) and there were striper in it then.I figure even if that was the case that would of given any striper that got in there, since,time to grow to at least a few lbs. or more. I know there are catfish in there that big. Only people I've talked to so far (which are few) have only been fishing for cats. Heck it's close, free, quiet and fun so I'll just keep working it and see what else I can learn about the area. So Thanks, I try to read all the post about the Aqueduct. I'm still learning alot..... Mostly, that I've got alot to learn.
later, Mike

bouncer
12-06-2009, 01:22 AM
i really appreciate everyones info i basically took out of it that it takes dedication and i should be moving to littlerock in a few months so im gonna give it my all ive been looking at garys back poast and learning there casting techniques and strike paterns in the winter apparently u could have a strike and not even knowing it!