PDA

View Full Version : Lake gregory help! info needed pleasee

E.A.R.G.
12-03-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm making a trip up to lake gregory mid december.
I fished there once in the summer and I know they stocked with trout and we did alright,
I was wondering how fishing is during the winter? Do they still stock? Am I allowed to tube?
Thank you

Daryl
12-03-2009, 04:50 PM
They stop stocking in the fall. You are not allowed to float tube once the marina closes for the winter. I'm not sure who enforces the float tube rule, but you might not want to find out. I haven't fished there during the freezing temps of winter so I'm not sure where the trout may be hiding.

Good luck; post a report if you go.

E.A.R.G.
12-05-2009, 10:10 PM
ahh i see i see. thanks alot. was VERY helpful.
Is fishing in the winter there worth a shot at all? any other species biting?
thanks alot for the info

Daryl
12-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Give it a shot. It's nice up there whether you catch fish or not. Try a few different spots and see if you can find them. Dress warm.

BackReel909
12-07-2009, 07:46 PM
I have seen people up in the parking lot directly across from the boat docks during winter when I used to live up there it's def worth a tyr tho PB or marshmallow might hook up

MagicWorm
12-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Have float tubed there in the winter very COLD!!!! Hmm this lake can be very hot and produce some very big trout if you know where to go? The reason you see the parking lot crowded is because there is a air raider out there that supplies oxygen to the fish. the corner is very big for HUGE bass... I like the baseball field. theres a ledge where it drops off and is very deep. Bait i use are jigs and powerworms. Hope this helps....
-Joshua