PDA

View Full Version : Anything biting at redondo pier right now?

Ifishtoolittle
12-02-2009, 11:09 PM
I mean the one at the landing. Thinking about taking an uncle of mine fishing there this sunday. Anyone know if Macks, smelt, or anything is biting? What about the Senortia fish? Oh nad one more question is it legal to use Senorita fish for bait?

Here's how it looks like.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/Ifishtoolittle/IMG_1956.jpg

DockRat
12-03-2009, 06:58 AM
I always heard Senioritas suck for bait.
Stick with mackeral and smelt for live pier bait,
FYI The short pier has been selling live sardines on the pier lately.
DR

Ifishtoolittle
12-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Alright cool, thanks.

Natural Lefty
12-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Ifishtoolittle, I seem to be following you around today. I went to the sportfishing pier at Redondo 2 weeks ago, but didn't bother to post a report. That was the weekend the DMV was threatening to take away my driver's license all because they had my address wrong. I had never seen so many Senoritas in my life before. They were really swarming. They almost looked like smelt. I caught 4 of them quickly, then they stopped biting so much. Later, I caught a Jack Mackerel. A kid fishing near me caught a Blacksmith Perch, which I had never seen before, and a smalllish Sargo which had a white stripe instead of black one. It was mostly small fish, but decent numbers. The one big one was an estimated 2 pound plus Sargo which was caught before I got there. I think you and your uncle can at least catch something with all the smaller fish hanging around there. Good Luck!

Also, Senoritas may be small, but they are meaty and good to eat. (They are Wrasses, like Sheephead.) I wouldn't use them for bait.

Ifishtoolittle
12-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Ifishtoolittle, I seem to be following you around today. I went to the sportfishing pier at Redondo 2 weeks ago, but didn't bother to post a report. That was the weekend the DMV was threatening to take away my driver's license all because they had my address wrong. I had never seen so many Senoritas in my life before. They were really swarming. They almost looked like smelt. I caught 4 of them quickly, then they stopped biting so much. Later, I caught a Jack Mackerel. A kid fishing near me caught a Blacksmith Perch, which I had never seen before, and a smalllish Sargo which had a white stripe instead of black one. It was mostly small fish, but decent numbers. The one big one was an estimated 2 pound plus Sargo which was caught before I got there. I think you and your uncle can at least catch something with all the smaller fish hanging around there. Good Luck!

Also, Senoritas may be small, but they are meaty and good to eat. (They are Wrasses, like Sheephead.) I wouldn't use them for bait.
Thanks for the info Natural Lefty you're quite informative. I've caught senoritasat the pier in the past, but didn't bother to eat them due to their slimeyness. Again thanks for the info.

Natural Lefty
12-05-2009, 12:02 PM
You might want to check out my Dana Harbor report too, that I just posted.