PDA

View Full Version : Plan to Take Over Fishing Regs/ Enforcement by Anti-fishing Groups

jerryG
12-02-2009, 01:14 AM
If the are article below is accurate fishing as we know it could be history in California...As long as the Governator is in charge anything and everything is possible. He should have been terminated a long time ago. Check out the article below.

Article link:http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2009/11/12/18628500.php

Led by oil industry superstar Catherine Reheis-Boyd, the MLPA task force chosen by Governor Schwarzenegger is forwarding their own plan to be rubber-stamped by the California Fish and Game Commission at its Dec.9 meeting in Los Angeles.
Are We Making A "Clay Pigeon" Community MLPAI Plan?

by John Lewallen

The Southern California community plan for new Marine Protected Areas, developed over 14 months by 64 stakeholders and many community groups, was thrown in the trash can on Nov. 10 by the Blue Ribbon Task Force of the Marine Life Protection Act Initiative.

Led by oil industry superstar Catherine Reheis-Boyd, the task force chosen by Governor Schwarzenegger is forwarding their own plan to be rubber-stamped by the California Fish and Game Commission at its Dec.9 meeting in Los Angeles.

The Southern California Blue Ribbon Task Force “Integrated Preferred Alternative” is devastating to fishing communities, but good for offshore oil drilling interests. About 23 per cent of the nation’s estimated offshore oil reserves are under California’s clean, food-rich nearshore ocean waters.

Catherine Reheis-Boyd was elected President of the Western States Petroleum Association this October. She served on the Blue Ribbon Task Force that imposed Marine Protected Areas around Point Arena which, if accepted by Californians, will run independent fishermen out and pave the way for onshore oil facilities.

Commissioners Sutton, Benninghoven and Rogers are sure to vote in the task force plan, as they did to the North Central Coast this August. Southern California community members who gave their time and honest energy to making a community plan are denouncing the task force plan as devastating to the Malibu, Orange County, and San Diego fishing communities.

A shadowy group called the Resources Legacy Fund Foundation has taken over the process of setting up Marine Protected Areas, and is moving to finance and control fisheries law enforcement and the making of all fisheries regulations. The sooner Californians unite to stop the private takeover of California’s fisheries management, the better.

Meanwhile, the North Coast Blue Ribbon Task Force is about to be chosen by Governor Schwarzenegger. I suggest that we demand that Catherine Reheis-Boyd should not be a member. The Point Arena Basin is a major oil industry offshore drilling target, and the process of leasing it for drilling is open and on track.

DarkShadow
12-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Drill, baby drill!

Right?

TShaffer
12-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Drill, baby drill!

Right?

Right you are, sadly.

jerryG
12-02-2009, 09:22 PM
With all the corruption taking place I keep asking myself how could this not be criminal.

"A shadowy group called the Resources Legacy Fund Foundation has taken over the process of setting up Marine Protected Areas, and is moving to finance and control fisheries law enforcement and the making of all fisheries regulations."

JerryG

sansou
12-02-2009, 10:55 PM
What really smacks overtly political, is the fact that Catherine Boyd of the WSPA found herself yet again on the board for the northern MPA process.

Interestingly, the oil industry and an eco NGO like the Packard Foundation (proxied here with Resources Legacy Fund Foundation) is an otherwise diametrically opposed set of bedfellows....

...and Arnold (our government) is cool with the sleeping arrangements. :Wink:

jerryG
12-03-2009, 07:32 PM
What really smacks overtly political, is the fact that Catherine Boyd of the WSPA found herself yet again on the board for the northern MPA process.

Interestingly, the oil industry and an eco NGO like the Packard Foundation (proxied here with Resources Legacy Fund Foundation) is an otherwise diametrically opposed set of bedfellows....

...and Arnold (our government) is cool with the sleeping arrangements. :Wink:

No suprised that Catherine Boyde was on board again with the Northern Process. I'm sure she is clueless when it comes to fishery management. she's there to make sure that process is being carried out in the best interest big oil.

I really don't know why the enviros and oil companies are working together on this. I have been asking my self the same quesiton but as all the corruption surrounding this process continues to surface I'm sure we should have an answer soon.

Anticipate the Governator will stick by his plan and continue to sell out the public for special interest. Arnold should be arrested for all the corruption surounding him and this project.

JerryG

smokehound
12-05-2009, 11:09 PM
We need a civil war.

Really.

That poor parched tree of liberty needs some blood on them roots STAT!

A nice O/B/C/P ratio would do it well. :LOL: (kinda like N/P/K ratio for gardening, but replaced with political names... get it now?)

I dont think people realize that a piece of parchment is the only thing keeping bayonets out of our starfish!

boxl0bster
12-05-2009, 11:15 PM
alright! another reason for me to move out of this state. (if i had the money and a job waiting for me elsewhere) :Razz: :Rolls Eyes:

frank5968
12-05-2009, 11:39 PM
**** this bullshit..my granpa my dad and myself have fished these great waters and i would like to take my son someday..but if these assholes keep at it all we are left is with nothing..doesnt the state have bigger issues to deal with..economy.jobs,homeless,welfare,healthcare..th an to **** with our fishing areas..

GeordyBass
12-06-2009, 02:42 PM
LOL Frank, that's exactly what I would say, and was thinking too. If I was a lawyer I'd find all faults with the plans and anything that is illegal and bring it up on the meetings/make a lawsuit.... etc. I'd fight for it as much as I can with the law! Too bad,,,lol,,,

smokehound
12-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Well, the general idea is to crush the goyim's spirits, so isra--- Err

I mean, yeah.