PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium Mates: RedTail Catfish and Green Sunfish

calico killer kevin
11-30-2009, 12:02 AM
Hey everone, it's time for me to redo my tank, so I would like to get rid of my redtail catfish and green sunfish.

The Redtail Cat is 4.5"-5.5" His tail is a nice red tint with a broad white stripe on either side of his body and dots all over his head. Had him for about 6 months and in that span, he grew a good 2". He is a voracious eater and will eat anything you give him. Among his favorites are chunked shrimp, earthworms, and goldfish(he ate 7 yesterday). He is very healthy.

The Green Sunfish is 2"-2.5". He is a beautiful fish in natural light with shimmering purple-green scales and neon blue lines near his gills. Very healthy as well. He loves to eat any type of garden grubs, explodes on crickets, and will readily inhale bloodworms.

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss257/KevinPhanSK/IMG_0093.jpg

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss257/KevinPhanSK/IMG_0141.jpg

Both Live well together in a tank even as small as 30 gallons. The larger, the better.

Since the RedTail Catfish alone will sell easily for $50+, I think a fair price would be $25. The Sunfish is free to whoever wants him, but the Catfish buyer has first dibs.

Pickup around the 92870.

Jaysuuun
11-30-2009, 05:55 PM
That's a really good price for that redtail cat. That green sunfish won't be around much longer once that cat starts to gain some size. :LOL: BTW what other fish do own? I use to be a fish hobbyist myself. :Wink:

whate
11-30-2009, 06:20 PM
that red tail makes the cat looks handsome :)

troutdog
11-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Won't be too long before that sunfish becomes a redtail kitty snack :LOL:

TD

Ambassadorhawg
11-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Red Tails should be illegal for aquarium keeping since they literally get big enough to eat your leg!

calico killer kevin
12-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Nah the Sunfish and the Kitty Cat are pals. Kinda fun watching the Sunfish chase goldfish in front of the Kitty's face and watching him swallow it up. Cat ate my 5" LMB, but won't mess with the sunfish.

Hey Jason, I've had a few Angelfish, bluegill, LMB, crappie, beta, cichlids, and spotted cats. As of now, these are the only two I have in the tank. I'm looking to get rid of these so that I can redo my tank with some driftwood, plants, tetras, and cory cats.

Come on guys. Someone take these off my hands. Ante up. If it's reasonable, they're yours.