PDA

View Full Version : Question re. underspins?

mytyt
11-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Does any one use the 1/32 or 1/16 size underspins? If so could or would you throw them with 2lb and use the same road that you use with trout jigs? What type of tails plastic in a fluke style? Curly tail? feather? Looking for a bait to throw when I need to cover more area and fish are on baitfish. Also any one fish the smaller 1/16 or 1/8th Scoungers and if so what tail.

fish
11-30-2009, 08:46 PM
I would say go with ZOOM Flukes. I have never used them on scrounger heads, but I have used them on 1/16 round jig heads.

vanillagurilla
11-30-2009, 09:19 PM
flukes on the scroungers and on the under spins i would experiment with curly tails. probly 2". try white or chartruse for trout. just remember to let it sink a few seconds and slowly retrieve.

calico killer kevin
12-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Good luck finding 1/32oz scroungers or underspins. It's hard enough finding a true 1/16oz. If the head is that small, the hook is probably going to be miniscule.

4lb line would be my choice. A tiny fluke with it's sides trimmed for a better streamlined action and a UL rod. I wouldn't use a minijig rod because IMO a true minijig rod is 7'6" or above and I believe that's a bit too cumbersome for scroungers or underspins.

If you're targeting trout, there are many better techniques. Especially in the city park lakes, the trout have not begun to key in on the shad. Irvine, SARL, Corona, and Niguel would be better choices, but again, there are many better techniques.

As for 1/8oz scroungers, I love them. Chopped up Zoom Flukes work very well.

mytyt
12-03-2009, 09:03 AM
What about Roadrunners? Say some at Bass pro? Also at cabelas they sell a Charlie Brewer Underspin in 1/16 that looks interesting.