PDA

View Full Version : guasti

sumo
11-29-2009, 07:15 PM
has anybody hit up guasti this past week :Envious:

FireRox21
11-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Top.

I want to hit up Guasti too sometime soon, before I have to drop major coin for new fishing licenses for me and the man.

Anyone have info???

sumo
12-01-2009, 08:04 AM
going this friday to check it out so will see what happens

PUDSTER
12-02-2009, 05:30 PM
If your going to go i wouldnt jig so if u use power bait have fun for some reason the water is so so so dirty.....it should clear up in a month or so.......i jiged for the third week in a row on fridays and there not fealing the jigs.......some guys got some nice trout from 3-8poundes on the power......good luck and i hope this helps

Fishin' Electrician
12-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Went Tues morning. No luck....not one hit. Saw one dink caught on white power bait by a guy near me. That was his one and only and the only one I saw caught. Beautiful day by the water though.

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Man, I have some great memories fishing that lake years ago, not sure of the cycle nowadays but hey used to alternate from week to week...one week a state stock, the next week county would stock.

The county stock was always the bigger fish..

call and ask them at the office who stocked last

fish right below the last pavillion right near the channel that leades to the little cove.

if that spot is not available go to the other side near the channel and fish towards the open water...2 slay spots.

This may sound real old school but try it next time..

Flyline velveeta.....see what happens....

good luck guys and let us know what happens, I won't be fishing there but I'd love to hear about any action.

Nail em,
Gary

sumo
12-03-2009, 12:30 PM
thanks for the info and will try that out

Man, I have some great memories fishing that lake years ago, not sure of the cycle nowadays but hey used to alternate from week to week...one week a state stock, the next week county would stock.

The county stock was always the bigger fish..

call and ask them at the office who stocked last

fish right below the last pavillion right near the channel that leades to the little cove.

if that spot is not available go to the other side near the channel and fish towards the open water...2 slay spots.

This may sound real old school but try it next time..

Flyline velveeta.....see what happens....

good luck guys and let us know what happens, I won't be fishing there but I'd love to hear about any action.

Nail em,
Gary

headmine
12-03-2009, 08:38 PM
I hit up Guasti on 11/28.... VERY SLOW....

I did manage to bring one in...

http://johnregalado.com/fnn/45911945.jpg

Using Inflated night-crawler.

Lots of bites off Salmon Egg Peach Power Bait and a few off Chartreuse. No takers though. I've never seen the dudes walking around with Lures catching anything. Power Bait is the way to go..

The guy 50ft from me was pulling them in using power-bait and attractant shaped like worms.

Pete Marino
12-04-2009, 12:20 PM
That info was old school because thats how and where Id do ALOT of damage there BUT I guarantee we could go there today and put a hurt on them doing the exact same thing!!! But Id also use roe.....we used to kill it with the fresh roe fly lined..!!!

Pete:Cool:

sumo
12-05-2009, 09:06 PM
we had a good time fishing on friday me and my friends did good were we fished we all ended with limits nothing bigger then a 1 1/2 pound but we did realy good and we had fun till next time everyone good fishing and the next trip will be irvine lake with father an law:Big Grin:

jmp_fishinn
12-06-2009, 02:18 PM
anybody hitting up the trout derby saturday?

Trout 1
12-06-2009, 09:29 PM
anybody hitting up the trout derby saturday?

I might hit it up!!! Never fished this lake though.

Trout 1

jmp_fishinn
12-07-2009, 01:03 AM
I might hit it up!!! Never fished this lake though.

Trout 1

haha. same here!! i guess we're just gonna have to test our luck!!'

haha.

tight lines!

troutguy26
12-10-2009, 10:43 PM
haha. same here!! i guess we're just gonna have to test our luck!!'

haha.

tight lines!

im goin..rain or shine

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-11-2009, 11:14 AM
That info was old school because thats how and where Id do ALOT of damage there BUT I guarantee we could go there today and put a hurt on them doing the exact same thing!!! But Id also use roe.....we used to kill it with the fresh roe fly lined..!!!

Pete:Cool:

Ahaaaa...YOU ARE OLD SCHOOL ! I see....

ahhhhhh yes it's a pleasure to see I wasnt the only one slayin those waters in those days and had it way dialed in !........and we had all the little inside tricks going for us too ahh yes memories…memories !!

I totally aggree that if we went there today the old school tactics would indeed produce (of course we NOW have a whole additional arsenal of nice other lil tricks up our sleeves)

And the Roe.....Ahhhhh man.....YES, that is deadly !

.....but since I don't bother much in those thar’ waters nowadays, I'll let me lil’ trick out of the bag too !

I used to squeeze the roe out of a freshly caught piggy, mash it into an empty powerbait jar and dip the velveeta into the roe sauce…..awwww man….this brings me way back when I’d slay there every weekend.

MAX Slayage with that sauce, I'd outfish everyone else 3 to 1 !

And the good old trusty 3/8 oz Kastmaster did them in real good too.

Ahhh man, I think I’ll have to make a visit out there someday soon just to take a walk down memory lane and slay them trout fishies !

I can tell you did your share of slayin there : ) Nice...very nice !
Gary

P.S.
Some of my best days there were spent fishing IN THE RAIN !

Go do some damage guys !