PDA

View Full Version : PIER FISHING WITH 1/2 OF "TEAM TROLLTOON"

Fisherman57
07-06-2007, 12:38 AM
Talked to Chris (Trollmeister) Thurs. and decided to meet him to try for some catfish bait ala "mackeral" fishing.

I call him at 6.00pm and let him know I'm there.......... "Cool Dana, I'm only five minutes away"......... 60 minutes later :P ........ Trolly comes rolling up in his 57 Chevy........ (man that thing is sweet)........ and pulls out about 500lbs of gear and we're off to the pier.......

Dana: "Hey Trolly, ya got a pier cart or anything?".......

Trolly: "Yeah, it's at home".....

:shock: :evil: :lol: LOL!

So we "mule pack" everything and head off from the parking lot, his son joins us and we take off for the end of the pier.

Wind was steady, blowing east .... it was overcast...... . pier eventually got a little more crowded than usual........ but we found a spot early.......

Managed a few macks, including some spanish macks and some pesky jacksmelt and that was about it for the night............ saw a couple SNGF come over the rail, but all in all... nothing spectacular.......

I can't tell you how much fun it is to fish with this guy......... Chris is just a load of laughs and I truly enjoy every minute I spend fishing with him........ the only thing missing was our good friend "Pontoon".

Anyway........ It was MY pleasure to fish with 1/2 of "Team Trolltoon" (I think Pontoon was home baking a cake for the "Legends" event.) :lol: J/K

I did squeeze off a couple boring photos. :lol:

Dang.....it's already 12:35am and no way was this fishing trip worth staying up any later for just to add photos........... oh, what the hell! :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! J/K TROLLY! I loved it!

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/pier001.jpg

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/pier002.jpg

troutdog
07-06-2007, 01:23 AM
Cool shirt that guy has on...kinda tough to fight off the ladies when you wear it though :thumb: Good to hear you got out there...looking forward to the cat report!

TD

KaliDawgFan
07-06-2007, 06:09 AM
Do you think fresh cut smelt would make decent catfish also?

one_leg
07-06-2007, 08:15 AM
Hey 57, it looks like Trolly was too busy fishing intently to snap a couple boring shots of you.....LoL

We want boring shots!!!

Congrats on all the unique, exotic, species of fish!!!

One_Leg

xtranzman
07-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Great to see a report from the man himself. Mr Fisherman 57.

I was beginning to wonder if you ever got a chance to fish with how busy you usually are. Events, the 44's, FNN and everything else you are involved in.

Great to see you guys out there!

Probably goes without saying if Chris was with ya you were in for a great time.

We might hit a pier a little south of where you were at on Saturday night if anyone is interested.

Thanks for sharing,

X

Granny Fish
07-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Good to see you out there fishing, Dana. What pier did you go to?
Nice to see a report from the 57! :thumb:

Fisherman57
07-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks everyone......

Yeah! Thats my entry for "report of the year" :rofl:

I can't say it enough, you could been fishing anywhere, catching nothing and if ya do it with Trollmiester, you're having fun!

By the way....... I forgot to include that this was the "Hermosa Beach Pier" :oops:

PONTOON
07-06-2007, 09:17 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't quite succeed in the cake baking part.....got kicked out of the kitchen due to foul language. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mrs. Pontoon agreed to make some chocolate chip brownies for the Legends event if I just stayed out of her kitchen. No problem there. :roll:

Anyway I wanted to be there with you guys but I guess that's the way it goes sometimes. I knew Trolly was in good hands with you there so I wasn't too worried until I called for the on the water update and found out Trolly forgot the glow sticks.... :shock: At least we'll have a little bait for the weekend.
Glad you were able to take a little relaxation time and get some fishing in with the Trollmeister. Looking forward to the Legends gathering! See you there.

sansou
07-06-2007, 09:48 AM
That's a cool looking pier....all wood? It looks like you are perched pretty high up too.

Sounds like you two nutballs had a good time....even though the both of you guys couldn't find a way to catch some stinkin' mackerel!!! Ha ha ha!!! :D

Wingnut
07-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Dang Dana, this is the first report I've read from you in a long time. YOU DO GET OUT! :wink:

Hitts0n
07-06-2007, 01:36 PM
I love the look of that pier,what pier is that so I can go 0wn i7 !! Great,and funny rep0r7 !! 8)

CatchthatTrout
07-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Dana.......

A REPORT :udaman:
That means you got out for some 57 time.....good for you. :thumb: