PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a remedy to break the bad JuJu spell lately.

CatchthatTrout
11-26-2009, 12:58 PM
OK Team 57 members, here's a good one for you all and maybe someone will give me something amazing to break the spell.

I must of upset an old witch or warlock during the Halloween season, but the last month of fishing I've been a stumbling, bumbling mess!
The fishing JuJu has been missing lately as I've dropped gear in the water, broken rod tips, set up in the wrong location (after advise0, sprung leaks, mis-tied knots, had trouble just tying knots, stumbling over terrain, setting hook late and lots of skunk time.
Help me break this spell!
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/trvcoach/MosesFish.jpg

I want to hear what got you back on track, like a lucky rabbit's foot or Grandma's lucky scarf.

DockRat
11-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Best Cure Is To Keep Fishing :Angry:

Went fishing a couple weeks ago, met this San Pedro co-worker who fished Pedro all his life. All these spots he talked about, blah blah blah.
6:00 am start we met at my boat, fresh dead squid, live ghost shrimp, 1/2 scoop of big sardines. 8 hours of fishing hard at all his spots and he gets 1 @ 16" halibut and I get skunked. I should have thrown the 'Hail Mary' and went for Sand Dabs. Yesterday at Torrance Beach for surf fishing after work 3 hours useing mackeral for a couple nibbles.

Loser http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af120/surrealone/emoticons/loser.gif
DR

DockRat
11-26-2009, 02:14 PM
mis-tied knots, had trouble just tying knots.

Check out;

http://animatedknots.com/

Click on fishing.
Click on a knot.
Cool site.

DR

troutdog
11-26-2009, 02:55 PM
When all else fails Captain America powerbait smeared under your eyes, wearing a Dodger cap, facing the rising sun to the East between 6:30 and 6:45am while singing God Bless America always worked for me :Big Grin:

Have a great turkey day Tony,

TD

CatchthatTrout
11-26-2009, 04:35 PM
When all else fails Captain America powerbait smeared under your eyes, wearing a Dodger cap, facing the rising sun to the East between 6:30 and 6:45am while singing God Bless America always worked for me :Big Grin:

Have a great turkey day Tony,

TD

Now there's one that might work!

I was thinking of lacing a string of power worms scented with Bang garlic and hang it around my neck.

Troutman65
11-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Tony, You have not lost your MoJo, ( Nice trout Landed at Corona ) Your just in a Funk. It happens to all of us every now & again. Only thing that works for me is to confess my sins to God & get right with him. When I have done that he always smiles down on me . :Wink::Big Grin: Hope that helps . It works for me .

Big Daddy
11-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Hey Brother theres an old saying get back up on that horse that has bucked you off (I mean back on that tube) Your already back you nailed them the other day when we were at corona. But as troutman 65 said just thank the lord for being there anything and everthingelse above and beyond is a blessing from. Well see you soon my friend.:Big Grin:

bullets_full
11-27-2009, 10:18 AM
You have to pour a little beer on the ground and toast your fish (no matter what time it is) to the fish gods to keep them happy.