PDA

View Full Version : Stripers for Thanksgiving

MyPetSkunk
11-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Anyone hunting the stripers on Thanksgiving? Need company or want to share a boat? I'm only contemplating at this point.

Went today, ended up with a trout at the end of the day. I'm still trying to figure out this striper thing and they're pissing me off lol. Had a couple chasers in the morning but no takers. I was just tossing out your usual suspect swimbaits and plugs.

Again, I'm still not sure if I'll go but I really want to figure out these suckas. Any tips are welcome :)

SEA ADDICTION
11-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Stripers at DVL are very tricky, One side of the lake one day then gone the next. However the last couple weeks they have been hanging around the area of the intake tower and west dam. If you have the patients, put some time in trolling and you will get your striper. If your more of a throwing baits kina guy then work the mouths of small coves and the points of the larger coves. Always have an eye out for boils! Good luck and hope this helps....

TroutOnly
11-26-2009, 05:02 PM
STRIPERS ARE SIMPLE ,ITS ALL ABOUT FIND THE BAIT AND YOU FIND THE FISH,ALOT OF THE BIGGER UNITS WILL STAY CLOSE TO WERE THEY STOCK THE TROUT BECAUSE THEY PREFER A TROUT AS A MEAL OVER A SINGLE SHAD AS A MEAL, BUT THEY WILL EAT JUST ABOUT ANYTHING THAT GETS IN THERE WAY. IF YOU REALLY WONT TO FISH THEM YOU HAVE TO HAVE A BOAT BECAUSE THEY CAN COVER SO MUCH WATER SO FAST,MOST PEOPLE FORGET THEY ARE REALLY AN OCEAN FISH AND ARE USED TO COVERING ALOT OF WATER ON A DAILY BASIS.I NOTICED FROM ALL MY TRIPS IN THE PAST THAT DURING THE TROUT STOCKING SEASON THEY WILL BE IN THE MARINA AREA AND SURRIUNDING AREAS, I WILL FIND OUT FOR SURE ON DEC 12TH WHEN THEY HAVE THERE DERBY,,,,,,,,,,t/o