PDA

View Full Version : Brush Fire Alert

ChannelCat3
11-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Burning right at the 241 toll rd 2 miles south of 91.
Just a heads up.
241 closed. As of 11:15 pm

troutguy26
11-24-2009, 11:27 PM
thanks for the update!

Marley
11-24-2009, 11:46 PM
WTF is there left out there to burn?

Troutman65
11-25-2009, 12:47 AM
I saw it on the news tonight . Looked nasty with the SA winds blowing. Not good . Very close to irvine Lake . Hope the winds die down and the fire fighters get controll of it . I just steped outside and I can smell the smoke.

VineAssist
11-25-2009, 07:16 AM
To answer question raised here or future questions.

The fire started around 10:00pm near the Windy Ridge toll road station. It burned in that general vacinity pretty much all night. I was alerted of the fire by Daniela and OCFD at around 10:30 to 11:00pm. The fire was never anywhere near the lake sorrta speak it was about 5-10 miles away from us. However, still very scary considering what I have seen in the past. Once I knew where the fire was last night and that the Fire Department was on it I had no worries.
To answer what Marley posted. Yes that area has burned in the past two years so we lucked out on that. The area surronding Irvine Park and Cleveland National Forest (Modjeska and Silverado) burned last year and the year before. However, the area that is the West Shore (Loma ridge) area has not burned in over 50 yrs now! I have personally hiked in this area and it is thick! Definetly not wanting that area to burn because it would be very hard to put out!
Once again I am very touched by everyone checking up on us and for all the phone calls!

goodguy
11-25-2009, 07:26 AM
WTF is there left out there to burn?

There's a lot of untouched brush back there still, you'd be surprised...

2jackedLUNGS
11-25-2009, 09:39 AM
im glad everyones safe and sound

Angler Dan
11-25-2009, 10:24 AM
To answer what Marley posted. Yes that area has burned in the past two years so we lucked out on that. The area surronding Irvine Park and Cleveland National Forest (Modjeska and Silverado) burned last year and the year before. However, the area that is the West Shore (Loma ridge) area has not burned in over 50 yrs now! I have personally hiked in this area and it is thick! Definetly not wanting that area to burn because it would be very hard to put out!

Interesting that we were all just discussing the fires and lack of burn on Loma Ridge last Saturday night after the Turkey Bowl....bad timing, I guess.

smokehound
11-26-2009, 01:08 AM
There are hundreds of spots you guys havent seen.

I used to work with the OCCC and we got access to alot of spots where hikers and bikers are restricted.

Alot of the damage caused by the santiago fire was in areas that the bikers and hikers arent allowed to go.

I even found a few creeks that had fish in them. (not trout, LOL dont get your hopes up)

Most of the damage incurred was around Limestone Canyon, and Whiting ranch.