PDA

View Full Version : Camping sites with 24hr fishing

bigd87
11-23-2009, 07:24 PM
My friends birthday is coming up and we wanna camp and fish without a fishing license. Is there any spots within 2 - 3 hours of Orange County? besides corona and sarl.

Thanks

Troutman65
11-23-2009, 07:50 PM
SARL or Corona lakes are the only ones I know that have a 24 hour session . They are not every weekend. I think Its once a month. Just check out thier web site . Good luck

basscatcher
11-23-2009, 08:17 PM
puddingstone is an option but you are only able to fish in a couple spots.

God Bless

basscatcher

Fire Ball
11-23-2009, 08:30 PM
If you want to do some bass fishing, go to Castaic Lagoon. You will need a license, but there is great fishing on the lagoon, right below the camp grounds.

Bassnman Mike
11-24-2009, 05:49 AM
Lake Isabella has 24 hour fishing but you would need a license to fish there. Besides that its a little further away from you.

One good thing is the catfish bite is Wide Open right now.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
11-24-2009, 06:25 AM
fishermans retreat...google it, your best bet..as for camping...don't know, but if the bite is on why would you go to sleep?
then again theres *ninja* options?:Twisted:

driven2fish
11-28-2009, 02:12 PM
My friends birthday is coming up and we wanna camp and fish without a fishing license. Is there any spots within 2 - 3 hours of Orange County? besides corona and sarl.

Thanks

lake jennings. not sure if night fishing is "legal" at night, but water is easily accessible from the campground. cool little spot. lots of cactus. gotta have a license. but a one-dayer will only cost $10 or so...easily half of what sarl costs. camping cost? back when i was there it was about $18 or so. i can't imagine its gone up too awful much.

crazy story. back when i would drink all night...my buddy was trying to keep up with the boozin, and ended up falling right into the campfire! ouch. i went from having drank WAY TO MUCH, to instantly sober. major buzz kill. but i doctored up my buddys BADLY burnt hands...and send him to bed. should have gone straight to the doctor...but DRUNK, and no insurance...meant we let him sleep till about 930am the next morning (while we squeezed in a few hours of early mornin' troutin')...i've got pics from that trip, but it was way before all the digital crap we got these days. anyhow. it wasn't all his fault. the old school folding chair just went ka-poot and sent him straight into that fire. CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY. glad old Bill made it out ok. i'll never forget that night!!! lots of "free-stylin" over the acoustic about catchin' fish...and plenty of boozin'.

anyhow. its an alright spot.:Wink: