PDA

View Full Version : What a CRAPPY DAY!

IncredibleHuck
11-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Well earlier today I had to bury my friends dog. It got hit by a car outside his house. Both of it's littler front legs were broken, and one side of his skull was scrapped down into the bone. :cry:

He was inside and next thing I know my friend Jenn yells at me, that Lucky has been hit! When I got out to him right away he had about 3 convulsions then nothing. I waited to get her brother on the phone, who is back east for work, and let him know his dog was dead. We decided to bury it in the back yard.

At least none of his kids were there to see it happen, but we have to let his son know tomorrow, and his daughter next week. :(

They had had the dog for over a year now as it was a stray that adopted them, and he brought a lot of fun into our lives. He was the only dog I could prop up aginst the back of the sofa and he would just sit there and watch TV with me like he was actually watching it... (lol his legs were just too short to move himself if I set him in the crease just right)

Well I hope the kids will take it ok, this was my first experience having to actually be the one burying the dog, as at our house my pops was the one who took care of it back in the day.

Miss ya LUCKY!

Troutman65
11-22-2009, 11:09 PM
That sucks to lose your pet like that .

sansou
11-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Sorry to hear about the dog.

Wingnut
11-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Heartbreak... :Neutral: A pet is like a family member. Very sorry to hear the sad news.

IncredibleHuck
11-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Thanks guys! It felt very weird going over there tonight and Lucky not being there to greet me, but one of the kids is taking it good, so that makes me feel better.

fishfinder
11-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Bad news. sorry to hear it. I hit a huge rotweiler yesturday that was chasing a kid. ran right in front of me, just missed the kid. hit the rott at about 10mph with a ford escape. felt it from in the car pretty good. he got up and ran back into the house. the witnesses said he was attacking the kid and he was running from it. He saw me comming and chose to run in front of a car, rather than get chewed up by a rott.

Sue
11-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Sorry to hear that :(

Sue
11-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Bad news. sorry to hear it. I hit a huge rotweiler yesturday that was chasing a kid. ran right in front of me, just missed the kid. hit the rott at about 10mph with a ford escape. felt it from in the car pretty good. he got up and ran back into the house. the witnesses said he was attacking the kid and he was running from it. He saw me comming and chose to run in front of a car, rather than get chewed up by a rott.

Glad you hit the dog and glad the kid is ok!