PDA

View Full Version : killer shark gets owned

WARRIORMIKE
11-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Saw this on natgeo :Twisted::Twisted::Twisted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uBFUumm3Dk&feature=sub

TShaffer
11-22-2009, 09:44 PM
I remember seeing this. It was crazy to see that thing get killed.

cjmedina
01-15-2010, 07:47 PM
wow i for sure thought the great white was gonna beat on shamu.

Rakie
01-15-2010, 08:04 PM

I thought it was another pier murder video :(

I remember a long time ago seeing that sharks on their back go into a docile state, that's how the whale took it down. (didn't see the video.. but im assuming it's the one i'm thinking of).

There are pods of killer whales that exclusively eat shark for their fatty livers, Orca's all over have very different diets.

Ambassadorhawg
01-16-2010, 07:16 AM

Really??? A killer whale is one of the most intellegent animals on the planet, easily capable of out thinking and out maneuvering any shark.

BIGRED KILLA
01-16-2010, 10:52 AM
I remember this vid i also did not know Killer whales are not even a whale at all they are in the dolphin family they are just called killer whales because that's the #1 source of food when they hunt in packs.

Bigred

smokehound
01-16-2010, 03:51 PM
you should see their other techniques. Pods have unique hunting tactics from each region.

They have even been known to assist whalers in hunting, even allowing humans to take the kill, in exchange for the parts we dont use..

cjmedina
01-16-2010, 03:54 PM
you should see their other techniques. Pods have unique hunting tactics from each region.

They have even been known to assist whalers in hunting, even allowing humans to take the kill, in exchange for the parts we dont use..
really do you have a link to were i can get more info
TIA

smokehound
01-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Just look it up on youtube ;)

Mondo21
01-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Incredible!!! Cindy:Big Grin:

a biley
01-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Killer Whales are toothed whales, but are in the Dolphin family, both are in the order CETACEA.

Order: CETACEA
Family: Delphinidae (dolphin)
Genus/Species: orcinus orca

They are the largest of the dolphin family

No predator in the ocean can match a Killer Whale...

Rakie
01-17-2010, 02:16 PM
I remember this vid i also did not know Killer whales are not even a whale at all they are in the dolphin family they are just called killer whales because that's the #1 source of food when they hunt in packs.

Bigred

Yup, they are indeed dolphins. They eat the liver, throat and tongue pretty often out of whales when they hunt. Id also think they were named 'killer whales' because their actual size, people probably thought (way back when) that it was just a whale, not a dolphin.

Yes, i believe it was Australia actually. They have pictures of the Orcas helping men pull in line that had whales tied to it, they'd even kill the whales and herd the whales into the bay for the whalers in exchange for the eyes, tongues, throats and internal organs they threw out.

They would even alert the whalers when they brought a whale in for them to kill, by slapping their tail on the water to get their attention / wake them up.

Although sharks are my favorite sea creatures, not many things can match the intelligence of Orca's / dolphins.

~Rakie.

flytyingreloader
01-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Yeah, Shamu DEFINITELY threw down on the GWS. Dolphins and orcas are smart, smart creatures. They likely think we're here to entertain them, just as we think of them in that same light.