PDA

View Full Version : New Melones

steve092
11-22-2009, 03:44 PM
I haven't posted in a while, so hopefully this goes well. Every year around Thanksgiving I go up north for a fishing/Thanksgiving trip. This year was about 45 minutes from New Melones Lake. I had never even heard of this place before I had gone. After reading numerous reports, all of which talked of great fishing, I was excited. I brought my tube and all my trout gear. I was planning to do more fishing today, but I was only able to get in about 2 hours of fishing this morning. Fishing wasn't great, but the lake was awesome. I caught a spottie within 1/2 an hour of arrival, so the trip was a success. It seemed as though there were boils every few seconds, which was pretty cool; however, I didn't catch any boil fish.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/steven92/Melones/NewMelonesLake11-22-09.jpg
Caught on my favorite, a dropshotted powerworm.

Anyone ever fish here? I'm probably gonna go out again soon and I want to know what works.

mil sonrisas
11-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Hey Steve,
My ex-girlfriend's family is from that area, Murphys,Ca. I never fished there, but there's a local sporting goods store call Glory Hole. They have a website and tips for that lake. They also have weekly reports on there and the latest catches. You should check it out, if you haven't already. Great lokking spottie, and good luck on your next trip!

steve092
11-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the advice. Before the next day of fishing (11/23), I saw that store and I did check it out. The dude there was pretty helpful and lead me to the usual trout stuff.