PDA

View Full Version : Freedom or NOT!!!! Part 1

murrieta angler
11-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Well as some of you may know Oz, myself and a buddy of mine were supposed to go out on the Freedom out of 22nd St. Landing in San Pedro.
I called the landing at 2:00 yesterday and asked how many people they had and they said 13 and it was a go...:Big Grin: Sweet, small boat load.
I proceeded to tell my bud, Frank, that it was on and I would meet him there around 5:00 to 5:30 for Happy Hour, which in there ad, on their website, says is from 4:00 to 6:30.
I get to 22nd Street landing at 5:30, after a 2 hour drive, and I proceed to go inside and pay for the reservations. The young guy at the desk tells me that it might not go out, due to the fact that 2 of the "15" guys called and cancelled, leaving 13. I tell the kid that when I called at 2:00 the lady said that the boat was a go with "13"!!!!! Yes, I'm getting upset...:Angry:
The kid said he would know for sure by 6:00. He said he had also called my cell phone, which was a bold face lie, and left a message. I showed him my received calls and messages and there wasn't crap!!!
Well now I am getting really pissed off now cause I have a friend on his way down, with all his gear and his dad dropping him off from Granada Hills.
I give him a quick call and he tells me he is 10 minutes away. I said I will see him up at the bar. This is were it gets even better...
I go up to the bar and there is no one in there, I ask the bartender where everyone is at and she says that it is pretty dead for a Friday. So I proceeded to ask for a drink and say, " Good thing it's happy Hour cause I really need a drink tonight". She looks at me and says, " We don't have Happy Hour, it doesn't start till next week" !?! WTF!!! I told her to check the website, cause it says nothing about a start date or an end date and as she is making my Cap't & Coke, she says, " Well Cap't & Coke would'nt be on the Happy Hour menu anyways"......:mad: What a slap in the face!!! I look at her and say, " This place is one of the most retarded establishments I have ever been to".
Needless to say, I got my butt up and bailed. I went back down stairs and the kid tells me the Cap't says it's a no-go, not due to weather, (VICTOR), but not enough people...:Angry::Angry::Angry:

This concludes part 1 of my adventure for this weekend, stay tuned for the conclusion of part 2 tomorrow.....Good Night

victor101
11-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Wow...sorry for the bad experience at 22nd street. I thought for sure it would of been because of the weather. Would you really be willing to go in 9ft swells? you're hardcore man! LOL Good luck with part 2...

DockRat
11-22-2009, 05:34 AM
That sucks, Always try to talk to the captain when possible. I was talking to one of those captains and he told me that he do whatever he can to please his customers. You guys got screwed.

22nd Street Landing Seafood Grill & Bar
Open Six Days a Week
Tuesday through Sunday, Closed on Mondays
Tuesday through Friday 11:30 AM to close
Saturday 12:00 PM to close
Sunday 11:00 AM to close

Happy Hour
Tuesday through Friday 4:00 to 6:30 PM :Beer Toast: :Finger:

The swells wern't too bad yesterday.
DR

fish_sauce
11-22-2009, 06:42 AM
I've ran into similar situations at 22nd st. before.

Im from the Inland Empire, so it takes roughly over an hour to get to the landing with no traffic. On many occasions, the trip will be confirmed a "go" the night before, but turn up "canceled" by the time i reach the landing. Most of the time, it's due to people flaking out on their reservations...but in your case, it may just be some kind of miscommunication between the captain and the office people.

If the boat doesn't run due to not having enough heads, its understandable, since they are essentially a business, and businesses can't stay afloat for long by "breaking even" or taking a loss on its operations...

Don't give up on that landing just yet. They have some of the better, more experienced crews aboard there. In any event, Pierpoint, Redondo, and Long Beach landings are only like 15 to 20 minutes away, could you have jumped on one of their boats instead?

hbomb
11-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Yeah I heard about your cancelled trip sorry to hear about that, 8-9ft swells uhh not for me LOL. You'll enjoy it next time for sure when the weather is fair. :Cool:

JapanRon
11-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Hi murrieta angler,

Sorry to hear of the cancelled trip. Up their's on the supposed phone call. Typical irresponsible jerks. Only one guy/office I knew that you could trust to make the call to you ...... right GD ?!!

On hopping on another boat ..... few choices out there right now but good idea to know what else is going out in your time frame. You should know that happy hour is for water no ice only anyways !! ;)

Await part II.

JapanRon

victor101
11-22-2009, 03:13 PM
DR

The forecast for Clemente to San Nicholas said 7-9 ft Swells when i checked Friday morning and yesterday morning...i guess Wheather Underground could of been wrong...who knows. Catalina was only supposed to be 2-4ft. I check the weather reports every week...almost on a daily basis. LOL. I dont know why it just fascinates me...

murrieta angler
11-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Wow...sorry for the bad experience at 22nd street. I thought for sure it would of been because of the weather. Would you really be willing to go in 9ft swells? you're hardcore man! LOL Good luck with part 2...

I also check the weather and swell reports before I go and I read the same as oz, that the swells were only gonna be 3-5 ft at 13 second intervals.

murrieta angler
11-22-2009, 04:09 PM
That sucks, Always try to talk to the captain when possible. I was talking to one of those captains and he told me that he do whatever he can to please his customers. You guys got screwed.

22nd Street Landing Seafood Grill & Bar
Open Six Days a Week
Tuesday through Sunday, Closed on Mondays
Tuesday through Friday 11:30 AM to close
Saturday 12:00 PM to close
Sunday 11:00 AM to close

Happy Hour
Tuesday through Friday 4:00 to 6:30 PM :Beer Toast: :Finger:

DR

Thanks for the info, I never thought to speak with the Cap't, if he was there.

murrieta angler
11-22-2009, 04:15 PM
I've ran into similar situations at 22nd st. before.

Im from the Inland Empire, so it takes roughly over an hour to get to the landing with no traffic. On many occasions, the trip will be confirmed a "go" the night before, but turn up "canceled" by the time i reach the landing. Most of the time, it's due to people flaking out on their reservations...but in your case, it may just be some kind of miscommunication between the captain and the office people.

If the boat doesn't run due to not having enough heads, its understandable, since they are essentially a business, and businesses can't stay afloat for long by "breaking even" or taking a loss on its operations...

Don't give up on that landing just yet. They have some of the better, more experienced crews aboard there. In any event, Pierpoint, Redondo, and Long Beach landings are only like 15 to 20 minutes away, could you have jumped on one of their boats instead?

I've been in business for 13 years and it's always about the customer. I think they should have, at the very least extended a 2 for 1 or something for my time and fuel. If you wanted to get technical their actions are grounds for a small claims court case as well as the restraunts, false advertisement.
I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE AND I WILL TELL OTHERS TO NEVER GO THERE ALSO!! just my 2 cents

murrieta angler
11-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah I heard about your cancelled trip sorry to hear about that, 8-9ft swells uhh not for me LOL. You'll enjoy it next time for sure when the weather is fair. :Cool:

Thanks "H", it ended up well though...:Smile: