PDA

View Full Version : Dvl slugs

SEA ADDICTION
11-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Fishing for me and my brother has been incredible on the LMB lately. We have been targeting the stripers with minimal sucsess but alway seem to find the BIG LMB. We fish the lake once or twice a week and last couple trips we've nailed several DD's with one pushing 13-14lbs. Took my daughter out today " 2 years old" for a few hrs and again nailed some quality bass! Main baits have been the Hudlestons recently but the punkers were also getting bit well. Its a different lake with the trout stockings taking place now. Highlight today was about a 20-25lb Blue cat that hit the Hudleston on the drop! Thought i had the lake record till i had color! Still trying to get that 20+ lb striper but in the mean time i'll settle for the DD's, Note: 98% of LMB we release but these two are hitting the deep fryer!

jmp_fishinn
11-21-2009, 07:50 PM
nice mann!
way to go with those LMB!
makes me wanna head out there again:Twisted:

thanks for the report!

DarkShadow
11-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Fish tacos tonight!

Ifishtoolittle
11-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Yes! Finally someone is keeping their bass, but buddy here comes the fire.

LuRkEr
11-21-2009, 09:15 PM
WTG, I bet those tasted great!!!

LuRkEr

BackReel909
11-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Yep I bet it's gonna be on.:Shocked:

eddiefishtaco
11-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Very cool report with pics and nice LM bass

way to go dude!

for big striper tips PM me
I think I know where they are
:Secret:

samgann93
11-21-2009, 10:45 PM
:Popcorn:

this should be interesting.......

Nessie Hunter
11-22-2009, 08:27 AM
I have no problem with people keeping a legal limit, but a little discretion would be nice..
The larger Bass are Female (anything over 4 lb).. Man thats a lot of Eggs to kill...

Otherwise great fish man..

basschaser
11-22-2009, 08:32 AM
Nice fish, keep it up looking forward too more posts

TroutOnly
11-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Im sorry pal but eating bass is lame ,they a bad enough time serviving all the bass tournaments they have and they will nonstop after the reopening next month you should try harder to catch and kill the stripers they are much better eating and easier to catch, plus you get a great fight when you a big one , and im not a bass guy ive eaten both and striper is three times better good luck while the serious bass boys have some whacks at you,,,,,,,,,

fishmounter
11-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Wow! You're eating bass that a lot of fishermen have fished a lifetime for and would put on their walls! Just curious, what is your largest LMB?

Thisfool
11-22-2009, 12:24 PM
wow there taking it easy on you

ya i would of mounted one of them

LuRkEr
11-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Here's something to think about. With the passing of the MLPA, I can see alot of Saltwater
fishermen switching to fresheater and alot of LMB on the dinner table. Another thing that
will happen is the local lakes will be even more crowded.

Those poor LMB,

LuRkEr

SEA ADDICTION
11-22-2009, 04:25 PM
I'll respond to all you lame a*** later. Ive caught enough LMB out of DVL to stock most lakes....

SEA ADDICTION
11-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Im sorry pal but eating bass is lame ,they a bad enough time serviving all the bass tournaments they have and they will nonstop after the reopening next month you should try harder to catch and kill the stripers they are much better eating and easier to catch, plus you get a great fight when you a big one , and im not a bass guy ive eaten both and striper is three times better good luck while the serious bass boys have some whacks at you,,,,,,,,,

Im in a huge hurry but just had to respond to this trout boy's comment. First off, the fact that you say stripers are easier to catch shows your lack of knowledge! Second, Ive caught more LMB out off DVL alone then most bass fisherman catch in a lifetime. I have 25+ DD's with the biggest being 14.2 lbs. Whats your idea of a serious bass fisherman? I let 98-99% off all LMB go and when i'm hungry for fish taco's your damn right i'm going to keep a couple! Stick to trout fishing buddy! If you want i can give you a few pointers to catch some real trout from DVL, not just the 2-3lb stockers...

SEA ADDICTION
11-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Wow! You're eating bass that a lot of fishermen have fished a lifetime for and would put on their walls! Just curious, what is your largest LMB?

DVL 14.2, biggest ever a 15.8 off a bed at castaic..

Grillsmasher
11-22-2009, 05:21 PM
great catches...

fishmounter
11-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Sorry guys...I gotta ask this ... SA, were you hungry for fish tacos when you caught that 15.8 off a bed?

Team Santana
11-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Its dumb when people harp on people for keeping some fish for the dinner table.... If DVL had an all catch and release policy, have at it! but when the limit is 5 and he kept 2 out of however many, give me a break.... SA good job on the bass, and I hope you find the striper your looking for!

Katnip
11-22-2009, 08:24 PM
And away we go...

SEA ADDICTION
11-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Its dumb when people harp on people for keeping some fish for the dinner table.... If DVL had an all catch and release policy, have at it! but when the limit is 5 and he kept 2 out of however many, give me a break.... SA good job on the bass, and I hope you find the striper your looking for!

Thank you TEAM SANTANA, I think they are just jelous. Check out the post from today, I nailed a monster striper! Not exactly 20lbs but damn close.

SEA ADDICTION
11-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Sorry guys...I gotta ask this ... SA, were you hungry for fish tacos when you caught that 15.8 off a bed?

I'd love to stir up the croud for a joke but no, Of course i released it. With ocean season off and DVL in my back yard i kept a couple instead of paying for fish at the store. If anyone who can fish bass will put in the time at DVL you WILL get trophy bass. JUST CALL ART BERRY GUIDE SERVICE, That man will put you on some serious LMB/stipers. He knows that lake like the back of his hand.

Liteliner
11-22-2009, 08:58 PM
I'd love to stir up the croud for a joke but no, Of course i released it. With ocean season off and DVL in my back yard i kept a couple instead of paying for fish at the store. If anyone who can fish bass will put in the time at DVL you WILL get trophy bass. JUST CALL ART BERRY GUIDE SERVICE, That man will put you on some serious LMB/stipers. He knows that lake like the back of his hand.

And if you guys need a good Swimbait rod to slay some monster bass from DVL hit this guy up...:Wink: He's sellin a Swimbait rod for a great price....

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=40525

Astrolux
11-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Im in a huge hurry but just had to respond to this trout boy's comment. First off, the fact that you say stripers are easier to catch shows your lack of knowledge! Second, Ive caught more LMB out off DVL alone then most bass fisherman catch in a lifetime. I have 25+ DD's with the biggest being 14.2 lbs. Whats your idea of a serious bass fisherman? I let 98-99% off all LMB go and when i'm hungry for fish taco's your damn right i'm going to keep a couple! Stick to trout fishing buddy! If you want i can give you a few pointers to catch some real trout from DVL, not just the 2-3lb stockers...

Maybe you should do your homework on this board since you're new! "Trout Boy" is an extraordinary fisherman and quite the striper killing machine. Check out some of his reports in the SoCal freshwater report section. Get the facts jack.
Chris.

cutbait
11-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Maybe you should do your homework on this board since you're new! "Trout Boy" is an extraordinary fisherman and quite the striper killing machine. Check out some of his reports in the SoCal freshwater report section. Get the facts jack.
Chris.

+1

Volitile first 10 posts

SEA ADDICTION
11-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Chris.

I know who he is but im not the type to sit back and get bashed! If he didnt want to get responded to then he shouldnt of posted in such a negative way...

SEA ADDICTION
11-22-2009, 09:48 PM
This is a private message from TROUT BOY!!!!

PAL IM A SPONSER ON THIS SITE AND HAVE BEEN FOR A LONG TIME IM ALSO VERY GOOD FRIENDS WITH THE OWNER AND MODERATORS OF THIS SITE YOU GET OUT OF HAND YOU WILL BE GONE,AND I WONT TAKE ANY CRAP OFF SOME GUY WHO HASNT 10 POST OR RESPONSES AND IM ALSO A GUIDE WHOS BEEN FISHING FOR FIFTY YEARS AND HAS ALOT OF BASS PRO BUDDYS WHO FISH DVL ALOT WHEN THE TOURNEYS ARE HERE I WILL TELL THEM ABOUT YOU SO THEY CAN CHECK YOURE POST TO SEE WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE,,,,,,,,,,,,,THEY MAY TALK TO YOU LATER,,,,,,,,,HAVE A NICE DAY,,,,,,,,

SEA ADDICTION

Give and receive respect PAL!
I happen to know a few pro's myself, But they already know what i look like. If you would happen to have the contact info of the Pro's you know i would gladly forward a few pics of myself so we can get to know each other alittle better at the lake!!! I fish the lake a couple times a week so we should be able to hook up with little effort. Forgive me if i'm wrong, but if your a sponcer on this site, And have been for years, Then i'd think about changing your business strategies! Bashing a new members FIRST POST isnt very smart! I didnt come to this site to start crap, I came to read and post fishing reports. I do eat fish i catch on ocations so do me a favor and skip reading my posts... Your right, I dont know who you are, and the same goes for you. DONT THREATEN ME unless you mean business.....

h00kup33
11-22-2009, 10:17 PM
come on guys...this is the sole reason why i never post a report on any fish related site...if sea addiction wants to keep a few bass for himself he has every right too...also, opinions of a curteous nature would curtail any "battle of words," who cares if you and i know ppl who are pro's or not. i've worked this industry for many years and i am ashamed to see how crappy fishermen treat one another on these web sites. its always a battle of who tries to get their point across by expelling their own anger or dismay about a topic that doesn't suit their own interest.

SEA ADDICTION
11-22-2009, 10:37 PM
come on guys...this is the sole reason why i never post a report on any fish related site...if sea addiction wants to keep a few bass for himself he has every right too...also, opinions of a curteous nature would curtail any "battle of words," who cares if you and i know ppl who are pro's or not. i've worked this industry for many years and i am ashamed to see how crappy fishermen treat one another on these web sites. its always a battle of who tries to get their point across by expelling their own anger or dismay about a topic that doesn't suit their own interest.

Very well said........ I guess ill just have to release all the LMB for now on and keep the SMALL MOUTHS.

Matt_Magnone
11-22-2009, 11:03 PM
SA's a pretty cool dude. him and his buddy come in to the shop from time to time. i can guarantee you he isn't out to rape the largie population one breeder at a time.

while im a firm believer in catch and release, this is a choice only able to be made by the angler and we gotta respect it.

how many times can we beat a dead horse?

excellent fish bro!

smokehound
11-22-2009, 11:18 PM
You tattle-tale. LMFAO

"OH OH LOOK WUT HE SED!! I IS AWESOME FOR POSTING PRIVATE MESSAGE!!"

:LOL:

We dont care about your private argument! THATS A SPECIFIC RULE here. Got beef? Do it in private.. Spare us your pathetic whining.

Bunch of little girls with your incessant fits. :LOL:

GeordyBass
11-22-2009, 11:21 PM
I'll respond to all you lame a*** later. Ive caught enough LMB out of DVL to stock most lakes....

lol yeah right, maybe sime little kiddie pools you swim in,,, Uncle Bob has tons of fish and experience over you. And "PM's" are short for "Private Messages"..... Seems like your trying to be a little girl and telling everyone that he hurt your feelings lol.... Btw, I love my 7'3" MH Carrot Stix and Daiwa Sol 2500 reel,,, :-)

TroutOnly
11-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Can anybody say reelanglers,pal you did what about a hundred r/a's have done come on to the site out of no where and post something that will start some crap, wait till the stripers overwhelm the dvl like they have done everwhere else youre dumbass wont be able to catch a big bass because they wont be there just like all the other lake that have had stripers intoduced to them you will just have the memory of i eat some of the pigs holy crap now there all gone,,,lol,,,,,,

kaneo
11-23-2009, 07:23 AM
bob, why do you always have the refer to r.a. everytime you have a beef with someone ? sounds like your a little upset ? why dont you keep you comments about other fishing sites to your self and s.t.f.u...... you trying to start more drama ? for someone who does not like to stir the pot, you sure do pretty go at it....

SEA ADDICTION
11-23-2009, 07:31 AM
SA's a pretty cool dude. him and his buddy come in to the shop from time to time. i can guarantee you he isn't out to rape the largie population one breeder at a time.

while im a firm believer in catch and release, this is a choice only able to be made by the angler and we gotta respect it.

how many times can we beat a dead horse?

excellent fish bro!

Thanks bro, See you soon to sign up for the tourney!!!

SEA ADDICTION
11-23-2009, 07:33 AM
lol yeah right, maybe sime little kiddie pools you swim in,,, Uncle Bob has tons of fish and experience over you. And "PM's" are short for "Private Messages"..... Seems like your trying to be a little girl and telling everyone that he hurt your feelings lol.... Btw, I love my 7'3" MH Carrot Stix and Daiwa Sol 2500 reel,,, :-)

Ummmmm, what rod/reel are you talking about? Were you digging through my trash can?

SEA ADDICTION
11-23-2009, 07:39 AM
bob, why do you always have the refer to r.a. everytime you have a beef with someone ? sounds like your a little upset ? why dont you keep you comments about other fishing sites to your self and s.t.f.u...... you trying to start more drama ? for someone who does not like to stir the pot, you sure do pretty go at it....

I just have one question and i'm done with this thread, what the hell does R/A stand for?

goodguy
11-23-2009, 07:49 AM
You guys are insane!!! Look, I release everything I catch... Cat, trout, bass, etc. But that's just my thing. The guy wanted to keep a couple of fish! What's the big deal??? It's not like he had a group of guys with him and they had 5 each. He had a few bass for dinner, he paid for his license he can keep anything legal that he wants.