PDA

View Full Version : first Florida bass in Lakeland, What do you think it weights?

c&rBass
11-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Went out of town on business to Florida and traveled all around the state. I wanted to fish for some peacock bass down in Miami but didn't have the chance to so I just fished at the lake in our apt. complex. From what I can tell, Florida bass fishing is totally different from Cali bass fishing. I fish a lot in the San Diego area and Florida lakes has a lot of different structure, but there's nothing like fishing down in so cal.. I fished about 3-4 times a week before work for about 1-2 hrs and I probably pulled out more than 20+ fish in that lake. Had a spinnerbait fish but all were caught using a watermelon w/ blk flake swimsenko. here's the biggest fish I caught in that lake.. What do you think it weights? I personally think its about 7lbs.

Fire Ball
11-19-2009, 09:27 PM
That thing is a fatty! I am terrible with weights, so I really couldn't tell you my opinion. Did you measure it? Nice fish.

c&rBass
11-19-2009, 09:48 PM
yea i didnt have a scale on me but I measured the fish with length 22 and girth 18.. supposedly it would come out to 7.2 lb's but i just want to know your guys' opinion...

TShaffer
11-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Nice fish. I'd say 7lbs is about right.