PDA

View Full Version : Daylight recon of the night time hunting grounds.

cutbait
11-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Hit the night time spots from 10am-2pm this morning plus I tried a few other patterns that didn't pay off. Flows were surprisingly strong all day, water clarity wasn't what I thought it would have been.

Ended up with 4 fish landed and 1 fish busted off on the tuna sling. {miss my 65lb braid}

What was pretty cool was, I was doing our night time thing and in a specific hole, I made a cast about 20 ft and watched in amazement as 15 or so fish came up to my lipless all at once and the first one there got it. Fighting that fish spooked the herd, and only had one more chaser out of that group.

Here is the two I kept for dinner

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper096.jpg

Post is dedicated to my hard working amigos Gary, Trailblazer, and Buck. While they were all at work I was slayn' for them.

evalrez
11-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Those look mighty tasty...congrats on the catch :Thumbs Up:

Panfish Junior
11-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Nice catch! Those are perfect size for fish taco. Congrats! :Smile:

fishinone
11-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Post is dedicated to my hard working amigos Gary, Trailblazer, and Buck. While they were all at work I was slayn' for them.

This is selfless!:LOL: What more could you do for guys who are handicapped by jobs?:ROFL:

Oh, yea congrats on the catchin.

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-19-2009, 05:55 PM
watched in amazement as 15 or so fish came up to my lipless all at once and the first one there got it. Fighting that fish spooked the herd, and only had one more chaser out of that group.

QUOTE]
See....da difference between you and me !........I would have daisie chained 12 of Khnahs lures together and caught 12 of the 15 in one shot....all the while leaving 3 in the pod for your nighttime action !

Hah aha ha ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah !

[QUOTE=cutbait;407725]

Bass-Turd !

congrats on da slayage......musta been cool ta see them suckas chasing it down !!!!

Nice work brotha !

trail blazer
11-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Thank you my brother!!!!!!!!!niceeeeeeee

yolo
11-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Nice going. I have had a school follow my lure and the lucky one or unlucky that bit first was caught. You guys are not vampires after all. I was starting to think that from all the night posts :LOL:

JigStop
11-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Keep them or smash their brains in and throw them on the bank.:Smash:
Two highly respected fish biologists, Mr. Giusti and Mr. Granfors both say to release them is asking for trouble down the road. Go read the eddiefishtaco thread on the DVL forum.

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Keep them or smash their brains in and throw them on the bank.:Smash:
Two highly respected fish biologists, Mr. Giusti and Mr. Granfors both say to release them is asking for trouble down the road. Go read the eddiefishtaco thread on the DVL forum.

you must be cautious on applying the lake theory/angle to the duct automatically, may or may not apply in bako the jury is still out on that but you must note that it's a 2 fish limit and minimum 18" as well.

I personally kill many but tend to release many in bakersfield as to respect my fellow bako'nians backyard, I may or may not be doing them a favor, like I say the jury is still out on this one..

I haven't fished bako enough yet to have a solid opinion yet based on personal experience, the approach of the kill very well may apply, just saying look before leaping regarding duct behavior.

2 completely different enviroments..

I can say that without question they are the breeding machine...most likely good to take the 2 fish limit and release thereafter...

I wouldnt kill them without eating them though, that would just be wrong...

just my 2 cents, not telling anyone how ta roll, just sharing my thought process (which in general is to kill them indeed)

cutbait
11-20-2009, 09:23 AM
I will continue to release striper at my gumption.

Thank you!

cutbait
11-20-2009, 09:31 AM
you must be cautious on applying the lake theory/angle to the duct automatically, may or may not apply in bako the jury is still out on that but you must note that it's a 2 fish limit and minimum 18" as well.

I personally kill many but tend to release many in bakersfield as to respect my fellow bako'nians backyard, I may or may not be doing them a favor, like I say the jury is still out on this one..

I haven't fished bako enough yet to have a solid opinion yet based on personal experience, the approach of the kill very well may apply, just saying look before leaping regarding duct behavior.

2 completely different enviroments..

I can say that without question they are the breeding machine...most likely good to take the 2 fish limit and release thereafter...

I wouldnt kill them without eating them though, that would just be wrong...

just my 2 cents, not telling anyone how ta roll, just sharing my thought process (which in general is to kill them indeed)

Gary, you can attest in regards to the duct

A/V = bigger size and much fewer fish

Bako = numbers at a smaller size

Right?

Don't see a problem with having two different options when wanting to fish the duct.

I also do not condone wanton waste of anything, and I believe once you have a bag limit you are prohibited from anymore fishing. Hence my release of fish to continue fishing, in addition to the fact I want the striper to thrive in the duct and I do not like having very much fish in the freezer to freezer burn

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Gary, you can attest in regards to the duct

A/V = bigger size and much fewer fish

Bako = numbers at a smaller size

Right?

Don't see a problem with having two different options when wanting to fish the duct.

I also do not condone wanton waste of anything, and I believe once you have a bag limit you are prohibited from anymore fishing. Hence my release of fish to continue fishing, in addition to the fact I want the striper to thrive in the duct and I do not like having very much fish in the freezer to freezer burn

your quotes on my experieces above are definately correct, and there most likely is size reduction due to the greater numbers of fish relative to bako versus AV....I just want to have way more personal exerience with the bako patterning before I wax intelectual and draw any difinitive personal conclusions...

So your saying things are smaller in bako huh ? (feel sorry fer your wife heh heh hehe!)

Regarding fishing after a bag limit is obtained...is this true, I have not heard about this....
Any regs on that would be great...
I did not know this was in affect out there..

Hmnn...gonna have ta find out about that one cause I don't stop fishing after 2 fish.....hell I don't stop after 20...

Hmmmmm..

P.S.
You and Trailblazer betta watch out !....I am Mobile again....I will be up there soon to pillage your backyard ! (go ahead with the pun, cause in the end....I'll have my fun !-ha ha ha ha ha)

Gonna paint it red
Kell them motha's...
keel 'em dead

Let em feel the steel
Release a few
Gonna slay em down good
MORE THAN TWO

Drive the hook hard
Drive the hook deep
Fish an all nighter
Don't get no sleep

Let em know I'm there
with rod going bendo
Fish till I'm numb
There isno end'o (sorry had ta rhyme it !)

FINSMACKDOWN
11-20-2009, 05:03 PM
nice looking fish Mike. you are getting a little better quality lately. good stuff Bro

msos
11-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Wow!!! I wish I could catch striper that big :Embarrassed:. Congratulation!!!!:LOL: