PDA

View Full Version : 1st post, wanted to give my 2 cents...North Lake

Fishermen2Fisherofmen
11-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Caught awhile ago (11/16/2008) at night with me and couple friends... around midnight, warm and little water movement, mackerel fillet, 8 lb test, 2/0 circle mutu hook, flylined in a cove... channel cat i think... it says "chum" but that was just getting rid of the guts and tail... helps the fish and the neighbors xp. They don't add primary producers or baitfish, or manage the bass population. So they have alot of medium sized largemouth with big heads long body but very skinny stomachs. They really need to get rid of the 1-2 lb class and let the larger ones get larger as well as give time for the bluegills to grow. Lot of shellcrackers or redear dominate. However, there are large bass (10+), carp, koi, catfish, and some crappie. It's all catch-and-release, you have to be a resident or guest, and I wouldn't eat the fish anyhow. Best for carp is offset treble hooks, center of white bread slices, and 2-4 (i use 4) lb test.

ghetto fisherman
11-18-2009, 07:29 PM
nice cat man keep them comeing.....

smokinflies
11-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Caught awhile ago (11/16/2008) at night with me and couple friends... around midnight, warm and little water movement, mackerel fillet, 8 lb test, 2/0 circle mutu hook, flylined in a cove... channel cat i think... it says "chum" but that was just getting rid of the guts and tail... helps the fish and the neighbors xp. They don't add primary producers or baitfish, or manage the bass population. So they have alot of medium sized largemouth with big heads long body but very skinny stomachs. They really need to get rid of the 1-2 lb class and let the larger ones get larger as well as give time for the bluegills to grow. Lot of shellcrackers or redear dominate. However, there are large bass (10+), carp, koi, catfish, and some crappie. It's all catch-and-release, you have to be a resident or guest, and I wouldn't eat the fish anyhow. Best for carp is offset treble hooks, center of white bread slices, and 2-4 (i use 4) lb test.

Bro, you lost me after "...channel cat i think..." :Confused:

Anyways nice kitty.

sansou
11-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Welcome to the board.

Nice size channel cat!